1

If someone asked me if I could express myself in one sentence, my reply would be the world's biggest idiot. If they asked me why, my reply would be because I said 'I do' at my own wedding to someone I don't love instead of saying 'I'm sorry, I can't'.

Four simple words that I could have said at my own wedding, and I blew it. Now I am sitting in my house at our dining room table eating breakfast in complete silence. I played around with my food with my fork while Juvia took small bites from her toast. My eyes twitched at the awkwardness. I hated mornings at my own house. I would've thought married people actually talked more than this.

Anger flowed through my mind as I thought back to when I actually asked her to marry me. I wasn't happy, I just didn't want to believe something. And that night before in that hotel on a mission, recalling those words running through my head. "I promise, I will still be your Gray Fullbuster..." Did I really keep that promise? That one sentence always ran through my head at night. I would always say yes, but deep down I knew it was a no. I hadn't talked to Natsu since the day of the wedding, and that was a little over a month ago.

I slammed my fork down on the table and stood up from my seat, earning a concerned look from Juvia. I ran my hands through my hair and groaned. "I need to talk to someone," I mumbled, walking to the door and putting on my shoes.

I heard a laugh from the other side of the room. I payed no attention to Juvia as she walked over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Gray, you can't go anywhere without clothes. It's freezing outside," the bluenette complained as she went back to the table and grabbed both of our plates. I looked down at myself, realizing I was only wearing my boxers. I didn't care. The guild was used to seeing me like this. It wasn't like they hadn't seen worse.

"Do you not know me? I'm Gray Fullbuster, the ice mage of Fairy Tail. I can walk outside below negative fifty degrees with no clothes whatsoever and still look like it's hot outside," I growled as I finished tying my other shoe. Juvia only shook her head as she scraped the leftover food into the trash. I pushed open the door, said goodbye to Juvia, and ran to the guild.

It was a brief run, actually. Juvia and I moved pretty close. The walk was only five minutes, and if I ran, it would be a little faster.

The guild hall came into view immediately as I pushed open the doors and peaked inside.

Not much people, though it was still early morning.

As usual, Nab was over at the request board looking over every request a million times. I was quite surprised to see Laxus here since he hadn't attended the wedding. I also saw Lucy, and she was sitting with Levy, most likely talking about books. I took a quick glance to see that Mirajane was cleaning last nights dirty dishes, since there were so many, I assumed.

I walked over to her, not wanting to interrupt anyone while doing their own things.

"Hey Mira," I said sitting down at the bar. Mira looked up at me, gave me a small smile, and continued to do the dishes. For some odd reason, the silver haired woman held a grudge to me. I don't know what I did to cause this, but I was just going to have to let it be.

"Have you seen Natsu lately?" I asked as my eyes roamed around the guild hall, double checking to see if I missed the rosy haired dragon slayer.

Mirajane froze, but continued to do the dishes. "He took a job last night. He should be back sometime before the afternoon." I nodded and leaned against the counter. I watched Mira do the dishes while she kept taking a few glances back at me. That's when she put the soapy rag into the sink, dried off her hands, and walked up to me. I smiled at her, but she didn't smile back. Shivers ran up and down my spine.

"I have to start taking orders and cooking meals, so would you mind if you took over the dishes for me?" Mirajane asked politely. I nodded slowly as I felt a dark aura surrounding her. I rushed to the other side of the counter as she kept that horrible glare on me.

She then pulled out a notepad and took the first order.

I sighed and took a look at the dishes. They were nearly piled up halfway to the ceiling. This was going to take some valuable time out of my day.

I started with a dish on the top, slowly making my way to the dishes on the bottom. I wasn't one to do dishes quickly either. At home, Juvia did dishes while I cooked. Neither of us really had to clean since the house wasn't really a mess. There were about four dishes left in the sink when guild doors opened, revealing Erza and a slightly annoyed Natsu. My lips curled up into a smile when looked at him.

"Hurry up Gray!" Mira said as she placed five more dishes in the sink, adding up to my total. I glared at her, really wanting to slap her then and there, but I scrubbed the dishes anyways. Once I finished the dishes, I dried off my hands and walked around the counter. But I was pushed back behind the counter by both Erza and Mirajane.

"Guys! What is you pro-"

"Shh!" the two S-Class mages hissed, pushing me into the kitchen out of sight. My eyes widened and I obeyed immediately, not saying anything when we reached the back of the kitchen.

Mira folded her arms and Erza pulled out a sword, making my heart skip a beat.

"What did you tell me when you were at the wedding? Just before Juvia got on the stage?" the silver asked. Her voice wasn't her usual sweet voice. It was deeper and more serious. Erza raised an eyebrow.

This was what they wanted? To know what I said at the wedding? I thought she already knew, according to her reaction! "I thought you already knew," I replied. Besides, how was I supposed to remember what I said from a month ago? I was thinking about what I had said way too much to even think about what I did say at the wedding.

"I want to hear you say to our faces," Erza said. Mira probably told her what I said, and she was most likely curious to hear me say it as well.

I sighed, trying to recall what I had said. They really weren't going to let me go if I didn't reply.

Erza lifted her sword. Mirajane's eyes softened, and my eyes widened. I remembered what I said.

"I said that I loved Natsu."