2

I actually said that? I couldn't believe I said that.

But I did, didn't I?

I know I told him that I might not be able to go through with this when we were changing. And during that moment, I was so happy. I didn't know why I was, but the hug made me feel good. I do love Natsu, I really do. He is my best friend and he has been there for me a lot.

I looked over in Mira's direction to see her smiling a sad smile. Erza's sword was out of her hands, her hands now placed on her hips. She wore a stoic expression.

"Then why did you say yes at the wedding?" Mirajane's soft voice was now back. I loosened up a bit, knowing I was okay now.

"I don't know. I have been thinking about it since I said it." Erza sighed and looked down to her feet. Mira looked in her direction to see if she was okay. I did as well. When the scarlet looked back up at us, I could see that her eyes were glassy. Was she about to cry?

"You know, Natsu wouldn't leave his home for two weeks, right?" I raised an eyebrow at that comment. I suddenly felt weird, knowing this was caused by me somehow.

"I took him on a mission yesterday knowing that his rent would be due soon. I was lucky he agreed with me," Erza looked over at Mirajane, who was now interested in the floor.

"I'm just glad it wasn't for a year again," the silver said. I'm glad it hasn't been for another year, too. He never told anyone why he left. His excuse was that he needed a break. I obviously knew it was a lie, but I left him alone about it.

The two women grew quiet as a sad aura filled the room. I did not want to be in here right now, for I grew a feeling that one would start crying any minute now. I took a glance away, looking at the tall cabinet next to one of the ovens. I looked back in their direction to see that both of them had left. There was no use in continuing the conversation anyways since there was nothing else to really talk about.

I made my way out of the quiet kitchen to where the loud voices were. I looked over in Natsu's direction to see that he was talking to Lucy and Juvia, who most likely just got here since they weren't here earlier.

Natsu had his head laying in his arms, which were sprawled out on the table he was laying on. Lucy was laughing about something with Juvia while the rosette began to pick at the wooden table.

I walked over to the table, feeling glares from both Erza and Mirajane. I didn't pay any attention to them though. I sat down next to Lucy, earning a look from Juvia, though something is starting to get on my nerves.

Lucy stopped the conversation and began to play with strands of her hair, looking away from my direction. Natsu was just the same, except for the fact that he turned his head away from me.

"Um, hi?" I questioned. Lucy looked at me, gave a small, unsure smile, then immediately looked away. Natsu didn't move. He just kept picking away at the table. I felt hurt. First, Mirajane holds a grudge against me, then maybe Erza, and now Lucy can't even continue a conversation when I'm around. Natsu can't even look at me!

"Did I do something bad? Because so far, my day has been complete shit!" I cried, placing both of my hands on my forehead. I earned a few looks from some of my guild mates, noting that there were children somewhere in this building. I really didn't care either way.

Lucy looked up at me. She didn't look sad or happy. She just looked annoyed.

"I'm sorry, Gray. I'm just really tired right now."

Lies.

I rolled my eyes at her reply and looked over at Natsu, who decided to still not look at me. Heck, even a quick glance would've made me happy.

"What about you, Flame Brain? What's your excuse?" I said with a hint of sarcasm. But the rosette didn't say one word. I raised an eyebrow at him, Juvia looking at the boy next to her as well. And soon enough, Lucy joined in on tearing the table apart.

This was not how I was hoping my day would turn out.

"I want to go home," Natsu croaked, which surprised me, since this was the first time I heard him say something in a while. His voice sounded scratchy and dry. It just made me feel bad for him.

What was he doing during those two weeks?

"I'll take you home," Lucy immediately said, standing up and rushed to Natsu's side. She grabbed his free hand and began to lift him up from the table. Only he wouldn't budge at all.

Lucy tugged harder, making the table shift slightly. In the end, she fell on the ground practically breathless. It made me smirk, seeing the way she gave up so quickly. "How about I take him home?" I suggested.

Lucy or Juvia didn't look to thrilled, but the blonde or the bluenette didn't interfere. I stood up from my seat and made my way over to his side, picking him up. He actually gave in, which made Lucy's mouth drop at his action. Juvia's face grew bright red, and she immediately looked away.

Natsu still didn't look at me.

It made me want to drop him, but I carried him to the door saying I would be back. I haven't been to Natsu's house in a while, but I still remembered the usual route. It wasn't too far from the guild hall either. Just on he edge of the woods.

It was quiet on the way there. I tried my best to avoid eye contact with the man in my arms. A few times, I had to stop and catch my breath. I had no idea how much Natsu weighed, but he was making my arms weak.

"I can walk from here," Natsu said about halfway to his house. I nodded and placed him on his two feet. We continued walking quietly.

I felt a smirk creep up my lips as I felt the urge for a sudden competition. "Wanna race?" I asked, hoping he would say yes. He nodded with a smile. The first time he looked at me.

"Okay. On the count of three. One... Two...-"

"Three!" Natsu shouted, sprinting off towards his house. My mouth dropped. That wasn't fair!

"Cheater!" I cried, running after him. Sounds of laughter came in his direction, and I soon joined in as I tried my hardest to catch up with him.

Running after him was fun. Probably the best moment I had in a whole month. I really needed it.