14

My hands were placed behind my head as I snuck glances towards Natsu's direction. His hair was blowing lightly in the wind, his scarf flowing slowly behind him. He walked like he was confident. His arms were crossed over one another. But one thing I did not understand...

Why was he nervous!?

Aside from all of the things I mentioned, his skin was pale, he was sweating and didn't even bother to make it go away, and you could hear his heart beat from over ten miles away! His eyes were wide, his breathing was fast, and he was acting like he was going to do a speech in front of the whole world! And I'm just a one person.

A few people took a few glances at Natsu as they walked by us. No one has ever seen The Salamander in this situation before. It was probably because of something both Mirajane and Erza probably said.

I actually can see why he would be nervous now...

He probably did something that made both S-Class mages threaten him, making him want to go home at noon. But why bring me along? So he wouldn't feel lonely? But Happy was back!

And to be honest, I've never seen the rosette this nervous in my entire life. Literally, the guy wasn't afraid to do anything. Whenever someone asked him to do something stupid, he would do it no matter the consequences unless it had something to do with Erza or Mira or hurting his comrades. And he wouldn't back down from a battle that could change lives. And one other important thing: He could never really keep his mouth shut.

His house came to view, and without stopping, he kicked down his door; the new one that Gajeel replaced not too long ago. My mouth dropped wide open as he stormed to his bedroom and slammed the door shut.

A moment ago, he was sweating his guts out. Now this guy is destroying doors! What a quick change in heart. I placed a hand on my forehead and grabbed the door, which was surprisingly still in one piece. The hinges, however, were bent up and cracked, so I made my own. Once the door was back in place, I cleaned around the living area a little bit.

My stomach began to growl, so I checked Natsu's refrigerator to see it was empty. Closing it, I shouted down the hall saying, "You need to go shopping!" I received a yell, an actual yell, and sat down immediately.

Maybe he will shop later?

I leaned on the arm of the couch, staring at the wall that separated Natsu and I. The rosette was most likely upset about it. And since I can't say anything without him yelling to death, I'd have to stay quiet.

I could hear shuffling around in his room, followed by the sound of stomping and something falling. And maybe this was a bad idea, but I decided to check in on him. While tiptoeing down the hallway, I made sure I didn't make a single noise to show that I was there. His door was still closed, so I knocked lightly. A muffled Go away! could be heard, but I ignored it and crack the door open.

"I said GO AWAY!" A pillow came flying in my direction like lightning. I dodged it by closing the door and hearing a loud puff against it. After about a minute, I cracked the door open again.

"What do you not understand about going away!?" This time, Natsu shot up from his bed and stormed over to the door, slamming it shut once again. Except this time, it was in my face. And I stood there, disobeying his words. No, I wasn't going to go away. But as I listened closely, I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Was he... crying? No way! I did not make him cry, did I?

I placed my ear against the door. The facts were true. Natsu Dragneel was indeed crying. Even though I knew he was going to yell at me once again, I cracked the door open for the third time and quickly slide in. Instead of protests, the rosette threw his blanket over his head.