Unkahi Baatein

Sitting in front of the fire, Rajveer has been thinking about Dr. Ritu Mishra's words constantly. Why is he feeling so restless? Dr. Mishra thinks that he has fallen in love with someone, but who is she? Even he does not have the answer to this question. Or does he?

He remembers how he found Naina there. His heart skips a beat as he thinks about something. Has she heard their conversation? If so, what might she be thinking? Does she think he has fallen in love with Dr. Ritu? No! He cannot let this happen. He needs to clear this doubt. But why? Why does he need to prove Naina anything? Why would she care?

Just when he is lost in his thoughts, he finds Naina coming towards him. This leads him to halt so, he pretends to look down and he tries to have some control over his thoughts. By now, Naina has sat in front of the fire, right across from him.

"Sir..aap yahan?"

questions Naina with a smile

This causes Rajveer to look towards her. He pretends to be unknown that he saw her coming towards him. He smiles at her.

"Naina, tum soyi nahi?"

he questions her instead

She gives him a disappointed look which he fails to understand.

"Bus sir aankh khul gayi or..."

replies Naina but stops abruptly as she gets lost in some thoughts.

What a liar she is. She hasn't slept since the moment she came back into the tent after witnessing Rajveer and Ritu together. She was awake when Rajveer gave the blanket over her but she was pretending to sleep. Yes, she didn't hear a single word of Rajveer's and Ritu's conversation, but why were they together at this time? this late? Is there something going on between them? This thought gives her shivers in her entire body. But why does she care so much?

"Kahan kho gayi Naina?"

asks Rajveer as he sees her lost somewhere

This brings her back to reality. Wanting to hide her thoughts from him, Naina gives Rajveer a smile.

"sir wo kambal toh maine aapke liye dia tha phir aapne mujh par?"

questions Naina in order to run away from her ongoing thoughts.

Rajveer feels something fishy in the way she is behaving. Smiling at her question, he makes himself more comfortable on the ground as he stares at her.

"Cadet Singh mein ek certified fauji hoon or tum abhi fauji bani nahi ho"

he laughs a little as he completes his sentence.

This makes her to share a bit of laughter with him. Soon, they stop laughing and Naina goes back into her chain of thoughts. She wants to know about Rajveer, especially his love life. She doesn't know why, but she does. She knows it is extremely hard for her to question him directly, but she has also learned few strategies from him, so, why not use them now?

"Umm..sir ek personal sawal kar sakti hoon aapse?"

questions Naina hesitantly

Of course she can question him at anytime, about anything, she does not need his permission to do that.

"Haan poocho na!"