Part 3 of Unkahi Baatein

Next Morning

The sun gleamed through the tent, splashing a line of gold across Naina's beautiful face. The warmth of the sun burned her skin pleasantly through the blanket and she blinked the sleep from her eyes. She could hear the distant sound of loud voices. Wanting to check what exactly is going on, she gets up slowly.

She looks around her surroundings hoping to find Rajveer, but he seems no where to be around, which brings a little disappointment on her face. Her thoughts gets disturbed again by the loud noises which she hears coming from outside. Rolling her eyes in frustration, she slowly walks out of the tent and makes her way towards the noises.

As she reaches the voices, she halts in her tracks as the blood drains out of her face seeing the sight in front of her. There he is, her Rajveer sir with Dr. Ritu Mishra, his right arm around her waist, laughing while talking to each other, just like the perfect love birds.

She curls her upper lip to keep herself from speaking. Her mind whirling with thoughts that only makes her assume the worst. The feeling of jealousy slowly grows into her skin, filling her blood. Making her eyes go dark, and her mouth becomes a straight line. How can he do this to me? Thinks Naina. Her mind goes blank at this sight. Just yesterday, he has proposed her, and today, he is with that Dr. Mishra. Just the thought of Rajveer being with someone else succeeds in making Naina's heart to skip a beat.

No, I cannot let this happen, thinks Naina. With her hands turned into fists, she walks towards them as her eyes burns with rage. Reaching them, she stands right at the back, hoping they would notice her. Few minutes pass by, none of them notice Naina which brings her anger up.

Wanting to disturb their not-so-sweet talk, she takes a deep breath before playing her cards.

"Ahammm"

Naina clears her throat loudly.

This succeeds as the clearing of her throat grabs both Rajveer's and Dr. Ritu's attention. They both turn around and finds Naina standing there. Finding an angry and a frustrated Naina skips the heartbeat of Rajveer's and Ritu's. Whereas Ritu fails to understand the reason behind Naina's behaviour, on the other hand, Rajveer understands it perfectly.

My strategy has started to work, thinks Rajveer as a smirk plays on his lips.

"Oh, good morning Cadet Singh! Aapko kuch kaam tha?"

questions Rajveer as if trying to be innocent.

This behaviour of Rajveer frustrates Naina all the more. How can he act as if nothing happened last night. Looking towards Dr. Ritu, Naina gives her a death glare before locking her eyes with Rajveer.

"Nahi, mujhe kuch kaam nahi tha"

replies Naina sarcastically

With that, she turns her back towards Rajveer and Dr. Ritu as she takes a step away from them to go from there. At this moment, her whole body is burning with anger.

"Naina ruko"

Rajveer's voice causes Naina to halt in her tracks. A smile creeps on Naina's lips thinking that now, at least he will talk to her and behave normally. Smiling, she turns towards them.

"Yes sir?"

questions Naina getting relaxed.