Chapter 3 - One Step at a Time

Gerald opened his eyes and looked at his clock. It's 9:00 o'clock in the morning. He looked again, 9:00am!!! What?!!! He immediately gets out of his bed and went to Sarah's room.

"Sarah", he knocked. He opened the door and went inside but she's not there, not in her bathroom either. He went to the study room down to their living room but she's nowhere to be found and he's starting to worry.

He went to their kitchen. His eyes could not believe what's he's seeing; it made him smile and his heart jump.

He saw Sarah preparing their breakfast. It was the first time she did since she went out of the hospital. She's happy. And she smiled sweetly as soon as she saw him. She's so beautiful.

"Good morning", she said shyly. "Sorry di na kita ginising. Saka nakialam na din ako sa kitchen."

Gerald went beside her "Good morning", he said. He is so excited. He wasn’t able to control himself and kissed her on the forehead. Sarah was stunned and looked at Gerald who was also shocked at what he did. Then Sarah smiled at him. He smiled too. "Sorry di ako nagising kaagad. Sana ginising mo ako".

"Ok lang ako, I know you're tired. Para naman makapagpahinga ka ng mas matagal"

"Akin na, ako na dyan"

"Hindi na. Matatapos na rin to"

"Are you sure?", he said, still smiling.

"Yes, boss". They both laugh.

Gerald sat at their dining table - facing Sarah who’s still busy preparing their breakfast – unable to suppress the wide smile on his face while watching her. From time to time, Sarah looks at him and smiles shyly at him.

"Done! Hope you'll like it", she said, still shy, as she placed the meal on their table, unsure if she did it right. It's her first time to cook as far as she remembers.

"Let's eat", and gave Gerald his cup of coffee.

Gerald is still staring at her. She feels her cheeks turning red. "Ayaw mo ba?" She asked.

"No! No!", he said defensively. "Masyado lang akong natutuwa. Thank you Sarah".

"Hehehe! Ikaw!" She's blushing. "Ako nga ang dapat mag-thank you sa'yo. You're doing everything for me, dito sa bahay, sa lahat, wala akong natutulong sa'yo".

"Sarah, I'm happy doing all these for you", he said. "Masaya na ko na nandito ka sa tabi ko, kasama ko".

Sarah smiled. They began to eat but Gerald's eyes were still glued at her face.

"Ahhmmm, Ge"

"Huh?"

"Di ako makakain"

"Ha? Bakit? May masakit ba sa'yo"

"No, wala! Nahihiya ako. Ikaw kasi!"

"???"

"Wag mo kasi akong titigan!!!".

"Hehehe! Sorry!". He's blushing. "I'm just so happy....Araaaaaaaaaay". Sarah pinched his cheeks.

"Hahaha! You're so cute".

Gerald pinched her nose. "And you're beautiful! The most beautiful girl in the world".

-------------------

They were at their living room; Gerald is reading a newspaper while Sarah is busy browsing the net, checking on different cuisine. She doesn't know but seeing those pictures makes her happy, excited and wants to try them all.