Chapter 4 - Almost Kiss

It’s Sunday.

Sarah and Gerald came home after hearing the mass. She is heading upstairs when Gerald asked, “Sarah, gusto mo bang mamasyal?”

She turned around; excitement in her eyes. “Talaga? Saan?”

“Kung saan tayo unang nag-date.” Gerald said, smilling.

“Kung saan tayo unang nagdate?" She repeated,her smile widens,"Saan?”

“Malalaman mo rin kapag nandon na tayo.”

“Eh Saan nga? Saka anong ginawa natin?”

“Seeecreeeet”. Gerald said, laughing.

“Hmmp! Ano nga? Saan?” She pouted her lips.

He looked at her lips, a little distracted. "Sa.....seeeecreeeet!"

"Ang daya mo!" she’s about to slap his arm but he’s quick to move away.

“Hahaha! Tara, bihis na tayo”. He laughed as he runs upstairs.

Sarah laughed and shook her head.

“Saan kaya yun? She asked herself. “Yaaay! Excited!” She said as she clapped her hands.

----------------

They changed their clothes. Gerald finished first and waited for her outside their house. He was leaning on his car and playing around with his keys. He was wearing jeans and a blue-stripped polo shirt. He has his sunglasses on and he looks so handsome. He abruptly stopped and took off his shades as soon as he saw Sarah. She is so beautiful and glowing as she walks towards him. She is wearing skinny jeans and a sleeveless blue top.

“Hi Ms. Beautiful” Gerald said smiling as he opens the passenger door for her.

Sarah laughed. “Etchosero ka”

“Totoo naman ah, Ms. Beautiful”

“Hmmmmp, Bolero”.

“No, I’m not. Ms. Beaaaauuuutiiiiffuullllll”, Gerald said, teasing her.

“Hahaha!”, She flicked Gerald’s ear. “Ok sige na nga. I-claim natin yan, Mr. Handsome”

They both laughed.

------------

Gerald went inside the car. He moved towards her to put her seatbelt on. Sarah was taken aback. Their faces inches apart. He could smell her sweet perfume and warm breath on his face. And it’s driving him insane. Gerald looks at her in the eye down to her lips. He moved closer. Sarah’s face is all red and hot; unable to breathe; her heart is beating fast as well as his.

It took him a lot of courage to stop himself from kissing her lips. Gerald firmly closed his eyes; put his forehead on her forehead. “One minute” he said to himself, he needs to calm himself.

“I’m sorry”, Gerald said after a while and kissed her forehead. “Did I scare you?”, he looked at her as he moved back on his seat.

Sarah looked at him and shook her head; Unable to utter a word. Her breathing and heart beat is still as abnormal as before.

Gerald looked at her again.He's afraid he did scare her. He wants to kick himself for losing control "almost".

He turned on the engine.

They were both silent inside the car.

Gerald is silently cursing at himself for ruining the moment and make things awkward again for them.

Sarah is looking outside, she wants to hit her head for feeling disappointed when the kiss did not happen. She shook her head, trying to ignore the thought.