Chapter one

Pidge's Pov
It is 3:30am. God if Shiro finds out I pulled yet another all nighter, he would kill me. Right now I am currently looking for the last person of my mission, my dad. I found Matt about three months ago. My computer started beeping, telling me that I have received a message from somebody. I clicked a few buttons on my computer to see who is sending me a message. The message was from........MY DAD....my dad is alive!!! By now I was at the verge of tears. I clicked to open the message, which turned out to be kinda like Skype.( Sorry that is the best way I can explain it) I pressed the record button just in case.
"Ka--" my dad started but cut him off and yelled "DAD YOUR ALIVE"
"Yes Katie I am, but I don't have alot of time."
"Let me guess you are somewhere in the universe and you were captured bi purple aliens, who basically rule the universe bi fear?." I said.
"........." "How'd you know?" He asked.
" Well it is because I am in space fighting those aliens." I said " Have you heard of Voltron dad?"
"......................................................" " Voltron, as in five mechanical lions that fight Zarkon and his armies?" He said.
"That's it!" I said.
"Ok..look I need to warn you the galra are planning to attack earth." My dad said.
"WHEN?" I asked
" In about seven months time." My dad said.
"WHAT!!" I said.
"Hey what are you doing out of your cell prisoner 5580?" a guard said in the background.
"Look Katie-kat I have to go I love you and your brother very much. Be safe sweetheart. I am on the planet Bismuth( this is a element on the periodic table.) Igotta go Katie I love y-" my dad said before the screen went black.
"DAD!!!!" I screamed. I need to tell Matt and my team. I ran out of my lab to go get Matt. When I finally reached Matt's room I ran in without so much as knocking on the door and shook him until he woke up.
"Katie? What time is it? And what are you doing in my room?" Matt said
"It is about 3:30 in the morning and I am in your room because I just got a message from dad, he is on the planet Bismuth. I said.
"Ok co- wait what, what did he say? How is he doing? He's alive?" He asked
"Yes he is alive, I don't know and he sent me a warning." I said
"What do you mean he sent you a warning?" He asked. By now I am starting to get annoyed with all the questions he is asking me.
"One stop asking questions and two go wake Space Dad while I go wake up Allura ok?" I asked
"Ok." Matt said
"Ok I am going to go and wake up Allura." I said as I got up and left. I am now running towards Allura's room to wake her up. When I finally reached her room I knocked on the door to see if she was awake. After a few minutes I heard a faint "come in" from the other side of the door.
"Pidge can I help you with something?" She asked
"Um yeah can you blast the alarm to wake everyone up? I think that I just figured out where the galra are going to attack in about seven months( I don't know the altean word for month)." I said
"What yeah get your armor on and meet me on the bridge in sixty-five tics ok?" She said
"Ok" I said and left to get my armor on
Time skip (brought to by Shiro x Pidge)
After I got my armor on I ran to the bridge only to see Allura, Matt, Coran, and Shiro all up and dressed in their normal clothes/ armor.
"Are you ready Pidge?" Allura asked me and I nodded."ok then."
Within seconds the alarms started blarring and flashing red every few seconds. About two minutes later Keith ran in with Hunk and Lance.
"What's going on?" All three of them said at the same time.
"Long story short I found out where the galra are going to attack in about seven months" I said.
"What how?" The blue sharpshooter asked
"I had help from my dad."
"WHAT" everyone except for Matt and Shiro yelled/ screamed in my ear
"Ow, did you guys really have to scream in my ear?" I said/ yelled at them.
"Ops sorry Pidge."Allura said to me.
"It is fine, as I was saying before my dad sent me a message and a warning. In about seven months and please don't scream at me, the galra will attack......Earth. A-" I said before I was cut off with everyone in the room yelling at me.
"WHAT WHY EARTH OF ALL PLANETS?!"Lance asked
"Earth isn't that your home planet?" Allura asked
"Are you sure Pidge?" Shiro asked.
"Wait isn't mom on Earth?" Matt asked. By now I was about to yell at everyone to shut the up if someone asked one more question.
"Pidge what did your dad say exactly?" Keith asked. And that was my breaking point.
"WOULD EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP AND LET ME EXPLAIN?!!" I yelled at everyone. Everyone just shut up and blinked at me because that have never heard me raise my voice like that. Sure I would get mad but I have never raised my voice like that to anyone.

"As I was saying before I was so rudely cut off, I am sure that is my dad because he called a nickname no one called me except for my family. Katie-kat. Of you don't believe me the I can pull up the video because I recorded it. He is on the planet Bismuth." I said
"Pidge what were you doing up at three o'clock in the morning?" Shiro asked and I knew I was dead if I told him the truth.
"Why they chose Earth is because I think they know that Earth is our home planet and Zarkon wants to do wipe out the human race or make earth an example." I said trying to avoid Shiro's question.
"Pidge stop trying to avoid my question. You were pulling another all nighter again, weren't you?" Shiro asked in his dad voice meaning about to get a scolding. He might be only a few years older than me, but he can be scary when he turns into a dad with his stern voice. I knew I had to be careful what I said so I don't end up getting scold.
" n-No, I woke up at 2:00 and decided to stay up because I was not tired anymore." I said hopping he would believe me.
"I don't believe you Pidge, you need sleep. It is not healthy to not get any sleep especially since we don't know when the galra will attack." Shiro scolded me. I just roll my eyes and said,
"Well guess what Shiro nobody on this ship has a normal sleep schedule and everyone is sleep deprived because of the galra and when they don't attack we can't sleep. Besides why I am I the only one you scold? Hunk cooks like crazy, Lance and Keith in Lance's room  talking or training all night, Keith working out, Matt and Coran helping me with my projects, Allura and mine girl talk, or you working out or training with Keith all night? You only scold me because I am the youngest Shiro but Matt and me have more experience being sleep deprived because we've had sleep deprivation since we were about 7-8. I know you mean well Shiro but you need to understand that no one on this ship has a normal sleep schedule and that we are all sleep deprived." I said. There was an awkward silence until I spoke up again. "Can we please get back on topic about the galra attacking earth and my father please?"
"Uh..sure thing Pidge" Allura said.

Word count:1359