Ch. 16

Tris POV:

Why am I in Four's arms? Why would he sleep with me? I scan the room I'm in. Am I in the...infirmary? I remember one thing. I fell asleep with Four in the hospital bed. And I knew his real name. My head feels weird!

It wasn't night time when I fell asleep. I know that for a fact. It's like if it's embedded in my head. "Four. Wake up."

Four wakes up and frowns. "Good afternoon, Tris." I smile. "We fell asleep after they gave you medicine this morning. Are you feeling alright?"  Not really. I feel, lightheaded? I shake my head no. I jump up, suddenly remembering something.

"Oh no I have to fight Peter today!" I scream. I try to get up but there is an IV in my arm. I go to take it out when Four's hands stop me. "No you don't Tris. That was a year ago."  How was that a year ago. I just switched factions.

"Tris... I'm going to call the nurse." He says, giving me a questioning look. He leaves the room and I try to eavesdrop from where I'm sitting. At first I hear talking. And hen inaudible yelling. Then Four walks in.

"I have a question." I say, louder than I meant to. Four nods so I can go on. "Why are you so nice to me? Don't you have a girlfriend to be nice to." I gasp. "Sorry! I didn't mean it like that." He looks so hurt when I say that. Was that too mean?

"Tris, you are my girlfriend." I can hear the sadness in his voice. I look down. "Oh sorry. But I sure as hell got lucky because you are hotttt." Why'd I say that! I start giggling. What was in that medicine?

Four looks up and laughs at me. "I'm going to find some very important people Tris. See you soon." I smile and nod. His smile reminds me of something. What is it?! I tap my chin. Come on Tris, remember! Something flashes in my head and I remember something.

I find Tobias in the crowd of new Dauntless. I did it! I got first! Tobias looks down to me. "You think giving you a hug would give away too much?" he says.
"You know," I say. "I really don't care."
I stand on my tiptoes and press my lips to his.
It is the best moment of my life. I wish it could last forever.

I can feel the stares burning through me. I hear a few gasps. And I look to Christina and Will and their mouths are dropped to the floor. Tobias and I walk to an empty hallway.

He has a worried look on his face. I can tell he is nervous. But why? "Um. Tris, I wanted to know if you'd..." he pauses, and takes a deep breath. "Like to move in with me?" I wasn't expecting that. I nod probably a thousand times.

He smiles his boyish smile. I throw my arms around his neck and press my lips to his. I was wrong, this is the best moment ever.

"His name is Tobias! And I am dating him!" I yell to myself. I only feel warm inside me. "Oh no I bet he feels terrible. What else can I remember?" Why am I speaking to myself? I laugh at the thought. Am I going crazy?

I look around the white room filled with machines. I look at the tray next to me. Something about the syringes are stuck in my head. What is it?

"I'm going to get some cake, I'll see you soon." Tobias whispers. I thought I was asleep but I heard him say that. When he walks out of the room I sit up in the hospital bed. Some man walks in with an orange syringe.

"Hello Tris." The mysterious man says. The voice is familiar, but I don't remember who owns it. I look at the needle. He turns on the light but he's wearing a mask, so I have no clue who it is. As he comes closer I read the label.

'Memory Serum.'

"No!" I scream. "Stay away from me!"  He gets closer and closer. I can resist serums, so I'll be fine...maybe. This is one of the hardest ones to resist. I can't forget Tobias. "No. Please. Don't do this."

"Nobody loves you anyway. It's for your own good." Marcus? The man jabs the needle into my neck. I feel the liquid serum run through my veins. "Four! Four! Help me!"

The edges of my vision dim. Why am I calling out a number? And why am I dressed in black? I'm supposed to be Abnegation.

I start crying. Why would this happen to me? Why not someone like Peter! Someone that is rude and does not. Know. How. To. Shut. Up.

I don't know how long Tobias will be, but I'm going back to sleep. I lay down and touch my cheeks. I hope the tear stains go away, before Tobias gets back.

(A/N)
Sorry for making you wait a long time. Go ahead and vote🤙🏼
Be brave 🕊🕊🕊
-laila