Ch. 22

Tobias POV:

"I...pushed Marcus into the Chasm." I see the look of shock in her face. Is she mad? Happy?
She opens her mouth to say something, but nothing comes out.

"Tris... please say something." She closes her eyes for a second, and looks me in the eyes.

"I'm not mad." Her voice cracks, but I sigh in relief. My anger got to me so bad, I killed my own father. "I'm, well, just shocked. Yeah, very shocked."

I weakly smile at her. "We don't have to worry about him anymore. I guess. He landed in the water, maybe fingerprints will be washed off?"

She laughs. "Do you really think Dauntless cares?" I look at her in confusion. "People take the jump all the time, Tobias. Lately, a lot of people in other factions come here too!"

Now I'm the one in shock. "I remembered that..." I smile. I wonder if she remembers anything else. Before I have the chance to ask, Tris starts speaking.

"Tobias... can you lay down with me? Pleeeeaaassse?" I laugh at her question. She looks at me for an answer.

"Is that even a question?" I say laughing, as I crawl beside her. She buried her face into my neck, and it tickles a little bit. I feel her lips against my ear.

"I love you Tobias." She whispers, smiling against my ear. Can I have this everyday for the rest of my life?

I hope so.