Ch. 3

TOBIAS POV:

Our "gang" rushes to the net so we don't get in trouble for being late. We have about 5-10 minutes until the initiates are supposed to be at the roof.

I turn to Tris and smile. She looks so, stunning. I wish we didn't have to hide our relationship but I get why she has it this way. "Do you think there will be any Abnegation?"

"No!" She laughs. "I think we're the first AND the last." I roll my eyes when she says that. She goes on her tiptoes and kisses me one last time before he initiates come.

"This will be one long month!" I say exaggerating 'long'. She nods and frowns. "I love you." She whispers.
"I love you too." I say, smiling one last time. She gives a forceful smile.

I can hear Eric giving his boring and useless speech. I hate him so much. I roll my eyes and put my instructor mask on. I look at Tris and she does the same. I can tell she's nervous. I just want to hug her and say everything will be okay. Gosh Tobias! Quit being a softie!

I hear his speech end. Tris waits excitedly for the first jumper. It's been about five minutes now and no one has jumped yet.

Finally, I see a blur of black fly through. He almost looks like he's about to throw up. He must be scared of heights too. I almost laugh when he takes Tris' hand, and his face turns green.

"What's your name?" Tris says, almost stuttering the words. I almost laugh but I swallow it.

He looks up at her confidently and smiles. "Max." He laughs.

"Four make the announcement!" Zeke says loudly. I smile and look at Tris. "First jumper, Max!"

Max takes his hand and walks him down the stairs. "Welcome to Dauntless." I hear the net move and look to see a white and black blob.

XxxXxxX
About an hour later, all of the initiates have jumped. This year was a low amount of transfers. Only eight.

Emma- Erudite
Becca- Erudite
Jay- Erudite
Kayla- Amity
Andrew- Amity
Sean- Candor
Dominic- Candor
Zach- Candor

Like always, the majority is Candor or Erudite. Kind of makes you think what goes on there. Tris looks around and frowns. I'm guessing it's because there are no Abnegation, even though she knew there wouldn't be any.

"Dauntless borns, go with Uriah and Christina." I pause for a second, "I'm guessing you don't need a tour of this place." I hear a few laugh and some hoops and hollers.

"Okay initiates! Listen up. I will only say this once! I am Four, and this is Six." I say pointing to Tris. I'm about to start again, when a Candor boy interrupts me. "Like the numbers?" He snorts. My cheeks get hot and I'm about to take a step but Tris beats me to it. The Candor boy smirks when she starts walking. I think he likes her... never. Going. To. Happen. Buddy.

"What's your name?" She says harshly. He looks surprised for a second and looks up and down at her. She seems to not notice. The boy stands up straight and says, "Sean."

"Well, Sean..." she pauses to make sure he's following along, "This isn't the first time a Candor smart ass said this, so we are deducting points for disrespecting us!"

I forgot we made that deal a few weeks ago. Sean looks terrified. That's my girl! When she turns around and walks back to me, Sean and a few other boys stare her down. I scowl. "Now, if you follow us, we can take you to the Pit!" I say that a bit harsh and Tris' eyes widen but oh well. That's what they get.

I hear no snickers after that. Tris must of scared them a bit, even though she is about half a foot smaller than all of them. Even the Amity girls.

We push open the doors and walk to the fenced catwalk above the Pit. I see Tris smile. I look down and she Christina waving at us. She lightly waves back.

Tris turns back to the initiates. "This, is the Pit. This is the center of life here at Dauntless. Many stores and shops are down there." I hear someone snicker, but I don't know who it is. I just roll my eyes and keep walking.

We start walking again, towards the Chasm. So many great memories here. Some bad ones but more good ones. Tris smiles as we walk over there.

"This is the Chasm. There is a fine line between bravery and idiocy!" I yell, to make sure they can hear me. Tris tunes in. "Many people have jumped off, and many more will."

I look around and see s few of them with fear running through their eyes. I almost laugh at that. We walk them towards their dorms. I smirk, knowing exactly what Tris is going to say.

We open the doors and let them in. I feel like I should talk first, so I do. "This is the dorms, which is where you will be staying for the next few weeks." They grab the new Dauntless clothes and each find a bed. Tris looks sad. Many more bad memories for her, than me. Peter an Edward. Oh did I forget? Al, Drew, and Molly. Tris looks up again when we walk towards the bathrooms. She starts, "Your gonna love the bathrooms, Candor," she pauses, "Feels just like home right?"

I hear a few snickers but nothing too serious. "Everyone get dressed in your new clothes and meet in the Pit!" I yell. I walk back with Tris towards the cafeteria, the look of Sean looking at Tris is printed in my mind.

Hehe, is Tobias jealous? Please comment what you think.
-Laila