berlin

20. berlin
day XX: long live love

this is it. reality is finally getting to me. before i know it, im going to be in college, starting life over completely. no more lazy fridays, no more of Paul's world famous pancake towers, no more hiding...

these series of uncontrollable thoughts continued on up until I decided it was too much to try and sleep this off so, as a result, I'm now currently chugging down a cold can of dr. pepper as my legs swing off of the kitchen counter. this act of comfort has become a casualty before i knew it.

so now, i continue to enjoy the bubbly sensation of the fizzy liquid flowing down my throat as i drift off into space, soon getting lost in my thoughts once again. so much so, i didnt even notice the window open. it was only until i felt the extreme change in weather and sudden gush of wind hit my leg, that i realized it was opened.

so, i took it upon myself to turn around and come face to face with finn. i assumed he had just come from the cold outdoors, which would be the explanation for his red nose and messy hair. he closed the small window and turned to face me. at first sight of me, he smiled wider than ever and it seemed as if whatever gave him that sour look moments before, completely disappeared.

"youre awake." he announced, surprise being heard in his voice. i smiled back. "youre here." i stated, making him laugh as he inched closer to me. "i was going to surprise you." he confessed, sighing as he took off the large fur rimmed coat he was previously attired in. "well sorry to disappoint, i just...couldnt sleep." i confessed myself, looking down at the can that i gripped tightly in my small hands.

"oh no, not dr. pepper. thats your stress drink. whats wrong, love?" he asked me gently as he proceeded to cup my cheek with his freezing cold hand, resulting in me to shiver under his touch. "i-its nothing. im just...overthinking again." i told him, truthfully. but, knowing finn, a short answer like that wasnt good enough.

"...its school, isnt it?" he asked me, rhetorically, already knowing the answer to that. i just looked up at him, making eye contact yet, saying nothing whatsoever. he sighed again and removed his hand. "i know its a lot to think about; changing your name, physical appearance...youre basically a new person." he explained to me information i already knew.

"but its okay. because ill visit you every month and send you flowers everyday, and candy, and your favorite movies when your sad or happy or whenever." he told me, causing the corners of my mouth to lift into an uncomfortable smile. and that's when I got an idea.

"let's go somewhere!" I rushed out, jumping off of the counter. finns eyebrows immediately furrowed in confusion and surprise. "Norah, no. we can't." he told me, making me cross my arms over my chest in frustration. "what do you mean we can't?" I asked in annoyance. "I mean if Paul finds out your not home in the morning, he's gonna know you're with me and never let me see you again." he told me, being completely serious.

"so what? I'm going to college soon. I'm gonna be eighteen, Finn. that means I can do whatever the fuck I want whenever I want." I told him, reminding him of my age and what that means for us. he stared at me for a second, not saying or doing anything.

3...2...1...

"who you stop looking at me like that? oh my god." he groaned in annoyance, causing me to smile on victory. "so that's a yes?" I asked rhetorically, knowing he couldn't say no. "I didn't say yes." he stated. "but you didn't say no either." I challenged him. "alright fine," he started, being the trigger for me to grab a pen and notepad from the drawer and begin writing away.

"but not tonight." he added, but I completely ignored him. once I was finished, I looked up and took his face into my hands. "yes tonight." I told him, using my eyes to lure him into persuasion. "yknow sometimes...I forget who's the crazy one in this relationship." he told me, resulting in the beginning of my laughter.

"good." I whispered before pecking his lips and tip toeing off to the living room to snatch my shoes and jacket. and from there, we were off for one hell of a night.