why dont you

finns pov. 

shit. 

i woke up with a major headache and immediately held my forehead to avoid falling back onto the floor. once i regain consciousness, i look around the room, realizing im in some sort of warehouse, full of cars and huge wooden crates. but, im unusually placed on top of a large sheet of plastic, surrounded by many men. 

one of which, who happens to be khalid. 

khalid was my uncle's best friend and business partner up until he double crossed and stole from him. ive heard little to nothing about him besides that he was a friend but is now an enemy. ive never even seen him up until now either. 

i pictured a super villain, like the joker or venom. but, instead, i got hannibal lecter's twin. i mean hes got the look, the position, even that creepy fucking smile. i knew he was bad news. 

i tried to stand up instantly but the sound of multiple guns clicking made me stop in an instant. "get back down, mr. wolfhard." he order me, and i followed as instructed. 

he then looked me dead in my eyes, seated feet away from me in an old wooden chair, protected by armed men. he smiled down at me and leaned closer to me. "who do you work for and who hired you?" he asked me. i remained silent, refusing to give him any Intel on my uncle or his business. 

"fuck off." i spat at him, giving him a disgusted look. he laughed and looked to his men to receive a pit of laughter from them. "thats some way to talk to the man who controls whether that pretty little girlfriend of yours stays alive or not." he told me, smiling evilly. "what the fuck are you talking about! you touch her and i swear to god ill kill you and everyone you love, you son of a bitch!" i yelled, angrily. 

"hm, now ive got your attention, huh?" he asked me. i remained silent, waiting for what he has to say next. "listen up boy. we will have your precious eleanor. but, if you do not cooperate, you will never see her again and we will indeed have to kill you and your uncle. so, ill ask you one more time. who do you work for?" he asked me once more.

i scuffed and laughed dryly. "my uncle made you, you worthless sundried raisin. so, im gonna tell you one more time to fuck off." i repeated. he then laughed once more and shook his head in disbelief. "well, you cant say i didnt try to save you." he announced before standing up from his seat and looking at me one last time. "he's all yours boys." he said aloud before walking away, leaving me alone with the armed men. 

my heart began to thud against my rib-cage watching the men inch closer to me, smiling as they balled up their fists. i noticed they didnt use their weapons. i assumed it was because they wanted to hurt me not kill me. but, my assumptions could always be wrong..

i then stood up instantly, and did any and everything i could to get them off and away from me. i was even able to steal one of the men's knifes from their belt hole. and from there, it was just blur from then on. all i can recall is a lot of blood and yelling. even with a couple wounds, bruises and cuts, i still somehow managed to escape from the men and hop into one of the car's the warehouse held. 

i tested my luck, flipping down the mirror to see if one of the idiot workers left them in there and to my luck, they did.

and before anything else, i put the keys in the ignition and drove the fuck off. my foot slammed so hard on the pedal, i thought i broke it. i drove so fast, i ran over two men because they were in the way. 

i had no idea where i was going but i knew i had to get out of this place as soon as possible. my sweaty palms made the steering wheel feel like it was constantly slipping out of my grasp so, i gripped it tighter. 

after a little while, i saw a large garage-like door open, im assuming it was the same one khalid left out of. but as soon as the men saw me coming, they rushed to close the opening but it only made me speed up even more. 

and just before it hit too low for my car to make it under, i sped straight under the door, just as it cut off a thin layer of the roof of my car. i was relieved that i made it out but worried because of my poor norah. shes already in enough pain as it is but now she has to get involved in something she wanted to avoid because of me yet again. 

i couldnt afford to stress about anything right now so, i cleared my mind and put all of my attention on the road. the road so beautiful and clear...oh god, i have to call her. 

i decided suddenly as i quickly searched for a phone somewhere. luckily, there was a small flip phone hidden in one of the car's compartments. i quickly typed in her number and awaited impatiently for the buzzing to stop and for the comforting sound of her voice to fill my ears. 

but before i could hear anything, i feel a large push from the rear end of my car. then i look in my rear view mirrors and see that im being followed by what i assume are khalid's men. the car chase went on for a little while before his car pushed me into another car, causing it to flip over and roll upside-down. 

but whilst i was rolling, i look over to the passengers seat and for a moment. for a single moment, i could see norah. i could literally see her sitting next to me, in all of her beautiful, angelic, glory. she was smiling at me, her entire look filled with so much  happiness. and for that single moment, i felt like i wasnt the bad guy. i felt like i was doing something right and i wasn't disappointing norah. ]

for that one single moment...