Part 12

Fingers slid up and down her back leaving a trail of goosebumps along her skin like breadcrumbs marking their sensual path. She felt the hot breath on her neck while wet lips kissed along her jawline gently, eliciting a shudder of pleasure she could feel traveling like lightning from her toes to her core. Dark hair slid through her fingers as if made from silk as the lips left kisses inching downward slowly from her neck, then between her breasts, brushing softly against her abdomen, peppering soft pecks along her pelvis before wanton lips hovered over her heated mound, teasing her with their closeness. Her muscles tightened and relaxed as her body was begging to be touched where she needed to be touched the most, she had craved this moment for so long, been starved for it and now she was so close to having her hunger finally sated.

Emma Swan Nolan's eyelids fluttered and her lips parted, the dream was retreating rapidly in her mind's eye and she struggled internally to hold onto the fleeting image of her heart's desire. The wetness between her legs slid slowly on to the warm sheets beneath her and the tongue licking her pulsing lips confused her as her thoughts began to transition from slumbering dreams to the creeping sensation of awakening. "Regina." The name drifted softly from her while she traveled the foggy landscape between sleep and wakefulness, moaning like a plea for confirmation of a reality that her mind was now reminding her was untrue.

All movement stopped, her eyes snapped open and her breath hitched as the sudden silence fell onto the bedroom. "What?" The question rang out as a question and an accusation all at once, spoken in a tone of seriousness coupled with betrayal. "What did you just call me?" Quick as lightning she felt Lily rise from between her legs and sit on her heels, her posture rigid, her eyes ablaze and daring Emma to answer.

Now shocked into being fully alert, green eyes blinked widely, searching for the right words to defuse the situation as if they would be written on the four walls of her apartment's bedroom. "What? I don't know, what?" She stammered, trying to buy time to come up with the right response to defuse the situation.

Lily's eyes narrowed and with an angry grunt she pushed herself of the bed and began to snatch her clothes from the floor where they had been tossed carelessly the night before. "I can't believe this shit." She muttered to herself but still loud enough for Emma to hear as she slowly rose nervously until she sat and watched Lily stomp around the room jerking her clothes onto her body. "It's always her. Always her." The mixture of anger and sadness in Lily's quiet whisperings tugged at Emma's heart, she hadn't meant to hurt this beautiful woman who was just trying to please her.

Hanging her head low and looking at her hands in her lap as fingernails attacked their counterparts nervously, Emma spoke softly to her embarrassed and angry girlfriend. "I'm sorry Lily."

Lily stopped dressing and froze, her eyes focusing on Emma and her face changing from sadness to shock to dark amusement in seconds. "Oh! Now you know my name?" She laughed humorlessly while crossing her arms over naked breasts.

"Come on Lily." She shrugged her shoulders and her eyes begged for forgiveness while her brows crept up to her blonde hair. "I was dreaming, I was half asleep, it didn't mean anything!" Her arms stretched forward, hands reaching out for Lily.

"Right. Dreaming." Lily raised her chin and looked at the ceiling in disbelief. "Dreaming of Regina Mills. It doesn't mean anything, and yet she's always in your dreams." Fighting back tears and losing the struggle she returned her glare to meet the blonde. "I hear you moaning her name at night in your sleep! Tell me something Emma, do you ever dream about me? Huh? Is there room in your dreams for your girlfriend? For the woman who is here and actually loves you?" Her hand flew to her mouth and covered it, trying to stop any other words from escaping.