v

"give me a tour?" ethan asks while we're standing in the entryway of my home. the kids are at school and daycare for the day. i turn to face him, smirking while i toss my keys into the bowl on the coffee table. i smile while biting my bottom lip.

"well since you asked so politely." i tease, waving my hand for him to follow me into the kitchen. we make our way around the house, and while we're walking upstairs, i catch sight of some of sebastian's toys lying around. rolling my eyes in frustration, i bend down to pick them up.

"this is sebastian's room," i announce, walking into my son's bedroom with ethan behind me. i toss the toys in his toy basket, and when i look to ethan, he nods, looking around.

"the girls' room," we get to the bedroom with princess decals on the baby pink walls and glitter on the white ceiling to act as stars.

"and,"

"your room." he cuts me off, his voice low, and he turns me toward him by putting his hands on my waist. i stumble on my own feet when trying to walk backward, falling against the foot of the bed. his lips fall on mine, and when we part for a moment, i whisper to him.

"you're right."

ethan kisses my smile once more, leaving one right after the other. his lips hit the corner of my mouth and then my cheek, and when they do, i realize what i'm doing and where i am. i'm in a bed that used to sleep with my husband not that long ago, and now i'm making out with another man in it.

"if we're gonna do this....can we go somewhere else?" i ask, my fingers gripping the fabric of his shirt covering his shoulders. his breath hits my nose and he nods quickly. i pull him by the hand into a room of the house that i've moved nearly everything out of.

evan's old office.

"you taste so fucking good." he mutters, kissing me harder, pushing me against the wall, and for some reason, i don't mind at all. i make an 'mmm' noise against him, my hands slipping under the back of his shirt.

"mommy!" i hear bethany's voice yell and i freeze instantly, my hands slowly sliding down his back while i listen for footsteps coming to the office. nothing.

"don't move." i whisper into ethan's ear while he's still got a tight grip in my hair that he pulled from its ponytail. i look around the room for a place where he can hide.

"you stay right here, i'll go see what she wants, and then we'll get you out of here." i say, slipping from underneath him. his eyes seem to plead after me as i walk out the door. at the sight of my daughter, i smile and her face lights up.

"mama, look!" she proudly holds up a worksheet with a red 'a' written on the top. smiling, i scoop her in my arms.

"congratulations, baby! how was the ride home?" i kiss her cheek.

"i colored on the bus," she cranes her neck and pulls a paper from her open backpack.

"this is for you." i unfold the paper, seeing that she colored a dinosaur red and green on the page and it said, 'to: mommy from: beth'. how fucking cute is that?

"i love it. why don't you go up and get ready for a bath, and i will meet you up there." i set her down and happily, she bounces upstairs to the bathroom. i quickly go to the office, seeing ethan sitting in the middle of the room, waiting.

"beth is distracted, let's get you home."

"one more kiss, for the road, baby." he pulls me into him unexpectedly, pushing his lips to mine.

"you said only one more." i tease after he's stolen at least four by now. he smirks, giving me one more kiss. little did i know, i wouldn't see him for nearly two months after that.

♡♡♡♡