Chapter two

Chapter two

Calum’s P.O.V.

It’s an awfull, early Monday morning like every other Monday. I’m getting ready for school even though I’m already late.

‘CALUM HURRY UP YOU’RE LATE’. My mum shouts

‘YEAH YEAH I WILL’.

When I’m finally ready I grab my backpack and head outside. I decide not to run seeing as I’m already late. What’s the point of trying to make it in time even though you’re already late? There’s no point.

I walk in to the school and hurry to my locker and after that to my classroom. I walk in and MR. Brown looks at me.

‘Mister Hood’. He says.

‘Mister Brown’. I say.

‘Why are you late?’

‘Couldn’t wake up’.

‘Alright well we just paired up for a project that needs to be done in a week’.

‘With who am I paired up?’ I was silently hoping it was Alex seeing as she was also in our English class but that must have been too good to be true.

‘With Luke’. Alright this is gonna be fun. I sit down next to Luke.

‘What is this project about?’

‘We need to read the book ‘The fault in our stars’ and give a presentation about it’.

‘Easy’. I say.

‘Well there you go wrong mister. We can’t just tell the class about the book. The presentation needs to be something special’.

‘Great and all of that needs to be done in a week?’ I ask.

‘Yes’.

‘Alright let’s just chill for now and we’ll do everything this weekend or something’. I’m always the one who does all my homework last minute.

‘You’re an idiot’. Luke says.

‘Thanks’.

*after school*

‘CAL WAIT UP’. Ashton shouts.

‘HEY MAN I haven’t seen you in five days’. I say and give him a bro hug.

 ‘Aw were you missing me?’ he asks.

‘Shut up. Where is Michael?’ I ask.

‘He will be here in a minute. Where’s Luke?’

‘Meeting with Alex’. I say with a little sad look.

‘Who’s Alex?’ Michael says coming out of nowhere.

‘MICHAEL THERE YOU ARE MATE’. I shout.

‘Hey bro’. he says.

‘Well Alex is this girl who is super shy and is in some of mine and Luke classes. Luke is her math tutor’.

‘So he’s not coming to band practise?’ Ashton asks.

‘Nope we’ll do it without him today’. I say.

*later that night at Calum’s place*

Who the heck is banging on the door like that?

‘STOP IT’. I shout to the unknown person.

When I open the door I see Luke standing there with a big smile on his face. I wonder what happened.

‘Hey man what’s up?’ I say.

‘Can I come in?’

‘Yeah sure come on’.

‘Well look I just finished tutoring Alex’. Luke says.

‘And?’ I ask getting kind of annoyed that he gets to hang with her and not me.

‘Well uhm I kind of asked her out?’

‘YOU DID WHAT?’

‘I asked her out on a date’.

‘Aw come here I’m proud of you lukey’. I say while giving him a hug. It’s true I am proud of him. It’s just that I don’t like who the date is. I would rather have her going out with me than with him.

‘Oh shut it Cal’.

‘When’s the date?’

‘Friday night. But I gotta go now I’ll see you tomorrow. Bye’.

‘okay bye’.

Well that ruined my whole day thanks to my f*cking emotions. Why does it needs to be so hard? Why are there always consequences?

Why does every time you open a new chapter parts of the past chapter fade away?

I just don’t know what to do. Am I that messed up?

‘MUM I’M GOING OUT’. I decide all of the sudden.

‘On a Monday night?’

‘Yes’.

‘Alright don’t be back late’.

I head outside and walk straight to the club. They let me in and I walk over to the bar to get some drinks. After getting some drinks I start to look around for a girl. I hate myself for doing this but it’s just what I am.

‘Hello’. I whisper in a girl’s ear.

She turns around and greets me.

‘Wanna go somewhere private?’ she asks. That’s easy.

‘Yeah but let’s not go to my house okay?’ I ask.

‘Bathroom?’

‘Bathroom!’ I agree.

While walking to the bathroom she starts kissing me. It must have looked really weird but with the alcohol in my system I’m getting turned on.

The rest of night seemed to has faded away as soon as I wake up the next morning with a massive headache.