Chapter 13

*Hunter's POV*

I was the first one awake in the house. I got out the bed as quietly and less movement as possible. I didn't want to wake Stacey. I grabbed some clean clothes and went to the bathroom. I turned the shower on and stepped under the running water.

I washed my blonde hair and scrubbed my body clean. I wrapped a towel around my waist and grabbed the comb off of the counter. I did the normal spikey thing to my hair and I got dressed. I brushed my teeth, then sprayed axe all over my body. I walked back to the room and put my dirty clothes in the hamper. I decided to go sit on the patio. I sat down and was eventually joined by someone.

I turned to my left and saw Stacey. As beautiful as ever. The way the morning sunlight makes her eyes pop, it just shines around her and makes her look beautiful. "Morning beautiful."

"Morning." She smiled. She was wearing plain white skinny jeans with holes up and down them, a blue sweater, and her hair in a loose side braid. "It's cold out here." I pulled her close to my body.

"How did you sleep last night?" I asked her.

"Great after my nightmare. I'm sorry I woke you in the middle of the night."

"It's okay hun. Do you want to talk about it now?" She shook her head.

"Not really." I smiled a little.

"Okay."

"Breakfast is ready you too," my mom walked out on the patio. I stood up and reached for Stacey's hand. We walked inside, side-by-side. My mom made eggs, bacon, and pancakes. We sat at the table and we ate out food. 

"It's good Mrs. Hayes." 

"Thank you. I love to cook." She smiled. I washed the dishes when I was done eating. "So what are your plans for today?" 

"I'm going to take Stacey on a tour of Nashville. Just relax around town for the day." 

"Sounds fun. You two stay safe." 

"We will!" I called after my mom. I shut the front door and got in my car. I backed out of the drive way and headed down town. "I have a surprise." I parked in front of a field. 

"A field?" I helped her out of the car and we sat in the middle of the field. 

"So you know the CMT awards? Well they are tomorrow and I get to bring a guest. I want to bring you."

"Really?" her face went bright. "that sounds amazing."

"Great."

"I have to get something to wear. Can we go look today?"

"Don't worry I already got everything planned out. It's all straight."

"Can I see it?"

"You'll see it tomorrow." I kissed her nose and she made the pouty face. "Haha you have to wait. It's a surprise. I know you will love it." 

"Meanie." I laughed. 

"What?" I looked at her. She stuck her tongue out at me. "You better run." She stood up and started to run. I got up and chased after her. She tripped over a log and I ran over to her. "Are you okay?" I knelt down beside her. 

"Ow." She sat up. 

"Is anything hurt? Can you stand up?" I asked her. 

"No." She said trying to stand up, but instantly falling back down. "It's my ankle."

"Come on." I picked her up bridal style and carried her to the car. I placed her in the passenger seat. I got in the drivers seat and drove to the doctors office. 

The doctor took x-rays and came back moments later. "She has a broken ankle. She needs to wear a boot and use crutches for the next 2 months, come back in 1 month and we can see if we can get her in a smaller boot."

"Thank you sir." The doctor put the boot on Stacey and sized the crutches. 

*Shay's POV*

"Dan, Stacey got hurt She is on crutches for the next 2 months." Dan busted out laughing. 

"That must suck. What happened?"

"Hunter didn't say." I laughed. 

"Well I will leave you two alone." Dan winked at Gracelyn and I. Gracelyn and I have gotten pretty close. 

Stacey, nor Hunter knows anything about Gracelyn and I. Stacey would hate me forever and Hunter, I don't know what he would do. "We need to tell Hunter and Stacey. They will find out. Dan isn't the best at keeping a secret." 

"I'll tell them tomorrow before the CMT awards."

"You better Shay." She kissed me. I kissed back, then pulled away. Stacey is going to hate me forever. She is going to feel betrayed, lose her bestfriend, someone who is like a brother to her. Stacey is like my little sister, I would do anything to protect her and I'm basically betraying her. Stacey and Gracelyn are enemies. I have to tell her, I really do.