fourteen

"LUNA'S PARTY IS GOING to be boring," lucas stated as he got into joey's car. of course he got stuck in the back seat with greg, while charles got to ride shotgun. well he always did and lucas was sorta jealous, even if it wasn't even a big deal.

greg winked at lucas, knowing that luna's party was going to be anything but boring. yes, you guessed it, greg convinced lucas to act in front of joey so he wouldn't expect anything huge coming. greg really went that far. what a dedicated troublemaker.

"i think it'll be okay," charles replied. "her parties are usually like that, especially since she has a pool."

they all agreed as joey started to drive. luna's house wasn't that far from his so the ride wasn't very long. they made it to her house in about five minutes.

it wasn't the first time that they've been to one of luna's parties. her house is huge that you never know what's going on, so many people are running around going wild. especially her living room, which ends up becoming a complete disaster after the party.

they got out of joey's car and started walking to the front of her house.

"i thought you were picking up maddie?" charles asked joey, making his way to luna's front door. it was already open and the music was booming, you could hear it from miles away.

"no," joey replied. "she said she's going with her friend but she can't really hang out with me because she's afraid of vanessa."

"understandable," charles responded.

"why would she be afraid of vanessa?" greg questioned, already well aware of the answer. he just liked to stir the pot.

"because she's supposed to matchmake us but she likes me so you see," joey explained to greg, who by now was pretending to be clueless. this, however, only made him more satisfied with himself. "and if vanessa finds out she gave up, she'll be mad."

greg nodded and the group soon walked into luna's house. the music was so loud, it boomed in their ears. but that was no match compared to the smell of alcohol, that could not be ignored.

a bunch of random nobodies were dancing like crazy, according to greg. his eyes wandered the room in search for vanessa, but he couldn't really find her since everyone was in his way.

"lucas and i are going to go meet up with some people. i'll see you guys later," greg said to joey and charles. joey didn't really care about where greg went, neither did charles. they nodded and greg and lucas left them standing there.

joey wanted to find maddie somewhere. he just couldn't wait to see her. it was like he longed for her. charles and joey went their separate ways. charles wanted to go hang out with girls, no surprise there.

greg searched for vanessa and finally, there she was. she was in the kitchen, with loren only. greg slowly walked in but he was too excited.

"oh greg," vanessa sighed. "it's you."

greg nodded. "uh, yeah? have you forgotten already?"

vanessa stood up from her seat. "right, right! i need your help."

flattered, greg said, "and that is?"

"since joey likes maddie, make him not like maddie," vanessa stated the basis of her plan. "and the only way to make joey not like maddie is make her do something that will hurt him."