1.3

-Hayden-

Weeks have passed maybe even months I had began to lose hope that I was ever getting out of this state, that I would ever see my family again, that I would ever have random trips to walmart at 2am with Brandon, that I would never have anymore of my mom's homemade pancakes before school or that I would even talk again.

Over the past couple weeks I had weekly visits from friends from school or distant family. I wish they would stop coming it only hurt me more. However almost every night, or at least everytime my 3rd shift nurses were taking watch and care over me Grayson would sit with me. He'd play me music, tell me stories, tell me how sorry he was that he treated me like shit. His visits ranged from five minutes to hours. My heart ached to see him again but still after all this time I didn't have the strength to come to.

Tonight as I almost drifted asleep I heard I knock on the door, Graysons signature. I wondered if he knew I could hear him and that I could still think.

"Hey Hayden." He spoke softly. I could hear his footsteps get closer as he sat on the end of my bed. "Sorry it's later than normal Ethan and I had senior pictures today." He says, another part of my heart broke we were supposed to be graduating soon but here I was in this hospital not even being able to open my eyes.

"Yeah it was fun Ethan almost fell into the lake behind him, some rabid geese flogged us." He laughs softly. "Very interesting I hate you missed it." He grabbed my hand and rubbed my thumb.

I heard a sniffle and knew he started crying. But he cleared his throat and started talking again. "Shawns new album came out and I knew I couldn't let you miss it so I downloaded last night at midnight." He says. I hear music play and Shawns voice sings. My heart lit up. Not because of the music but because how much Grayson cared about me.

Hell, why not give this whole opening my eyes thing another shot. I tried and failed once again, but I had to see him. I tried again and slowly my eyes opened and I saw him. He was staring at my hands as he drew circles with his fingers. I weakly smiled. My monitor started going off like crazy. He looked up at me. "Hayden!" He smiled and started crying before nurses ran into the room. "Sir you need to leave right now. Its not even visiting hours." They pushed him out and I frowned. But I was back and I had the chance to make everything right.

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
lol how long has it been?