Chapter 9

Chapter 8

The next few days with Daniel were fun. Who am I kidding? It was really, really fun. We went out to eat, walked on the beach, kissed, and went clubbing. The whole time, I actually never get to actually see Aiden. He's probably with my ex-friends or something. Maybe hooking up with both of them. Whatever, not that I care.

I was headed towards my bedroom when I heard voices. Two voices, actually. One was rough and it sounded like Daniel and the other one was Candace.

"How are you doing with her?" Candace asked.

"She doesn't know a thing, babe," Daniel assured her.

"That bitch is probably still hung up on him so much that she's willing to loosen up and try to forget about him," he continued. I narrowed my eyes but kept quiet.

"Good, Kate and Leila did their job well," Candace sounded like she was smiling.

"Aiden didn't actually try to fight it," Daniel sounded amazed.

"How could he? He's a guy, Daniel," she pointed out.

"And I threatened him that I will show everyone their sex tape. Of course he will have to do what I say if he wants to protect her," she continued.

Understanding and revulsion hit me hard like someone just chuck rocks at my head. Oh, Candace. You will die if it's the last thing I do. Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit, but she will pay.

That man-stealing, manipulating bitch. I want to pound her face so bad.

Then I heard kissing noises and I walked quickly into my room. I shook my head. Daniel is so naïve. He doesn't know that she's using him to get to Aiden. He's pawn to her game. I smirked and thought; now it's my turn to make a move.