twelve

The alarm stirred both of the sleeping men awake early in the morning before the orange glow hit the window. Jacob cranes his neck to catch a glimpse of the ringing alarm clock. 4:00 am. Troye groaned as muffled noise came from the pillow from him loudly stretching. Jacob flopped his face back into the pillow, not having much motivation to do anything this early.

"C'mon Jay," holding out the vowel, "We need to shower and get dressed and ugh." Troye flops back down on the bed with an exaggerated sigh. Jacob shakes him until they both stand up to make sure everything is prepared.
___

"Troye, you need to pay attention. My dad is so very strict, like military strict. And Very. Conceded." He punctuates each word to make sure its sunk in his boyfriend's brain. "He will make snarky comments, do not say anything back. Just stay calm and collected and Thanksgiving with my family will be a breeze."

Jacob looks at him through his peripheral vision but Troye is bobbing his head to some catchy tune that plays continuously on the radio. How can he ever handle him? Troye gives him a smirk, "Keep your eyes on the road pretty boy, not planning on dying anytime soon."

"Did you listen to anything I said to you?"

"Hmm not really. But it'll be alright Jay, I'll try and behave myself." Troye gives him a wink before glancing over his body. And Jacob is having none of it.

Keep your eyes on the road. Eyes on the road.

"Troye, c'mon please, don't be like this now. My father is not the kindest person to be around, he makes things extremely difficult."

Troye laughs and nods his head. He rubs Jacobs knee as in an understanding that he knows what Jacob needs him to do. And Jacob gets the gesture without having any words.

The flight lands around 2 in the afternoon in the lovely state of California. Las Angelas was the city Jacob grew up as a child. Ran around the neighborhood with kids he had met that afternoon, making mud pies and looking for bugs to build houses for. All of the traditional a kid such as Jacob would do, he did it all.

They rented their rental car for the amount of time they'll be staying there and took of the the house Jacob grew up in. The way there was almost intensifying for his eyes. Nostalgia kicked in and all the memories of past relations swarmed his mind in a blur. He was familiar with all the buildings and signs but the newly paved roads made a nice image in his mind.

On the way there, Troye assured him he knew what to do and how to do it. Going over lists of things that can and will happen, but just for possible future references. As stressing as the trip might seem, Jacob was seemingly relaxed for the state he should be in. But with his boy by his side, nothing could possibly cloud him over. He doesn't eve think his dad could bulldoze him down like he has numerous times. On top of the fucking world, he feels.

Jacob gripped Troyes waist tight as he knocked on the door with trembling hands. All the memories of awful nights filled with yelling and throwing China Plates his mother collected, nights of crying himself to sleep, nights of feeling hate boil inside of him. Nevertheless, his thoughts were gladly disturbed with a tiny hand gliding across his back, little shushes coming from his lovers mouth and it's yes. Everything is yes with Troye. And Troye feels the same about his boy.

The door creaks open to find the most gorgeous lady ever, no doubt about it being Jacob's mother. Her eyes the same color of hazel and her lips just as full.

"Oh, Jacob my darling."

Troye stepped back to admire the mother and son bond they share. He watched the way Jacob's lips twitch up the smile when she pulls him in for an anaconda squeezing hug. Both of their eyes glistening when whispering to each other how much they miss everything, how crazy it is for them to encounter finally.