thirteen

The rest of the time spent at Jacob's house went smoothly. Troye could still see the hurt and betrayal of his father but Jacob was able to hide it to his best ability. 

Thanksgiving turned out to be Jacob's favorite holiday so he was enjoying himself with his boyfriend by his side. When Carrie wasn't looking, Troye would sneak flour on his palm and rub it in Jacob's perfectly styled hair. The whole ordeal turned into throwing bits of food into each others hair and dropping it down their shirts. The food fight soon ended when Carrie found out about their secret war and scolded them. 

Jacob and Troye still laughed at themselves.

The dinner part of the holiday went well and Troye decided he quite liked Carrie. She was enchanting in everything she did. He could see all the features of his Jacob in  her and it made his heart melt. He was glad that Jacob had a healthy relationship with his mother, it was the most important after all. Overall, it was a happy day for them.

Troye and Carrie stood in the kitchen looking out the window at Jacob mowing the lawn for his dear mother. Carrie batted her eyelashes and pouted her lips with a "Pretty please?" and Jacob was guilted into doing all the chores his mother was too fragile to do on her own.

Watching a shirtless Jacob mowing grass wouldn't help Troye any but Jacob was beautiful and it was all okay. A gentle cough awoke Troye from his dirty thoughts of his boyfriend and he became flushed. How dare he think such things with Jacob's mother standing next to him. Carrie asked how her son was doing and it took Troye aback. 

"He quite being a model. I'm not sure if that's anything good but he seems happy. It's all I want for him."

Carrie nodded and explained Jacob took numerous acting classes and had many agents trying to get Jacob to model for them as a teen. That's not surprising. She continued on saying that was all Jacob ever did and there was nothing to go on by. She told Troye that as soon as he turned 18, he moved away from here but still kept in touch.

"I still saw all the ads and magazines, I bought everything with my sons face on it. He doesn't know that of course but I'm just a proud mom. I love him very much." Troye understands. The boy took off and didn't look back, hardly ever coming home. A mother longing for her son's love was normal in this case.

"He writes a lot. He just recently published a book. Poetry. It's phenomenal, and now we own a tiny thrift store."

Carrie beams. She throws both her arms around Troye's shoulders and squeals. Troye hugs back harder and rubs her back comfortably. Troye almost misses it when Carrie's muffled voice says, "I'm glad he is happy and with someone like you." He melts and now he's beaming. His lover's mom likes him and that is fantastic. After sometime, they pull apart. Troye wipes the few tears that a rolling down her face and tells her that all is okay and he is going to take good care of her boy.

"Do you love him? Are you two in love?"

She must have seen Troye freeze in the moment because not even a second later, she was apologizing profusely. He only assured her that it was all okay, he didn't mind.

The thought of love hasn't entered his mind all but once or twice but it wasn't anything as scary as it is now. He and Jacob haven't exchanged the two words, it's far too early. Is he in love? He is certainly happy and cares more than ever about Jacob but is that love? 

"I know we care for each other a lot and fancy each other quite a bit but I think it's too early for the words of love, yeah?" He gives her a lop sided smile and she returns the gesture. She nods in understanding the situation given. 

A very sweaty Jacob comes through the door and wraps is arms around Troye's torso from behind. Troye doesn't even mind the stench of it all, just never wants his boy to let go.

"Were you two talking about me?" He asks playfully and wiggles his eyebrows while getting glass of much needed water. Carrie laughs and exits the kitchen, leaving Troye and Jacob alone. Troye tells him they just talked about what is happening in both of their lives and Jacob nods. He leans down for a kiss, and receives a chaste, loving kiss. 

It couldn't ever get better than this; Troye thinks.

___

"So, this is was your room as a child?"

Jacob nods as Troye runs his hands along the door before opening. The sign reads 'Jacob is in, Beware' and it's the cutest thing ever. The room is small but cozy. The bed is simple with a green duvet on a queen size mattress. A dresser site on the front of the room and a big window is on the opposite wall. Its an ordinary teenage boy room, no posters on the wall, just empty, blank walls. Troye was about the ask why but then Jacob cuts in to say that his father never approved of any of his wall decor. It was because Jacob only ever wanted shirtless men to be splayed across his walls and that's understandable. Jacob only laughs and Troye can't help but laugh along with him because his laugh is so contagious and pretty. And he is so gone for Jacob.

Troye always was a big fan of cuddling with Jacob. Wrapped up in his lovers arms was an absolute blessing from heaven. He couldn't even imagine a night without Jacob breathing heavy down his back waking up with drool running down the back of his neck. The feeling for Jacob was mutual but instead he woke up to a mouthful of lemon curls. Neither of them wouldn't have it any other way.

Long story short, the roll of Troye's hips and a moan from Jacob led to all night, dirty, love making shenanigans. And, if they weren't in love right now, they were pretty close to being it.

___

Troye woke up without a hot breathe down is down his neck. He found the person he was searching for in just his underwear, quietly making eggs and toast but singing at the top of his lungs to old Lady Gaga albums. Troye tries to be quiet, he really does but he can't help the 'aww' that falls from his mouth at the sight of his boyfriend. 

Jacob's head shot up and a pout face spread across his face. "Wanted to bring you breakfast in bed, baby." He looked like a child who got denied of a bedtime story from his parents. It was absolutely heart wrenching. Troye suggested he go back and lay down and then Jacob would be able to fulfill his wish of serving his boyfriend.

He came in, very loud for that matter and set the plate of warm food next to Troye. He thanked him to a kiss that soon became sluggish and loving. Way too good to pull apart. Jacob curled into Troye's side as they continued to lazily make-out. 

Little did they know that Carrie stood in the door way and watched her boy fall in love. She didn't have the heart to pull them apart and disrupt their morning greetings so she left the two alone.

Troye doesn't know why he couldn't have woken up like this everyday for his whole life. He had been missing everything with Jacob. The words almost slip from his lips. Almost. But he decides against it to keep rubbing lips with the angel in front of him.