Intro

When you gain a thirteen year old sister a month before your birthday, you kind of know how the next years of your life will turn out. At least, I did.

When my parents were too caught up in Kara being an alien to remember that their real daughter was turning fourteen, I decided then and there that I would hate her with everything I had. She wasn't actually my sister, after all. To her credit, she lasted a whole year before returning my unprovoked nastiness. And I guilted my parents into giving me my own room back, after an incident where I had to remind my mom I was a year older than she said I was while we were filling out paperwork at the doctors later that month. Kara still got the bigger livingroom-turned-bedroom.

But everything changed her freshman and my sophomore year of high school.

After testing out of 9th grade her first week there, due to my parents insistence, she moved into my grade. Now, she got to follow me around like a lost puppy. I did everything I could to push her away, and it worked pretty well. That is, until her best  friend was murdered and she saved my life for the first time. I realized then that we needed to help each other.

And so, we were friends, if not yet the best of sisters to each other. And that leads us into It was 2007, Kara's third year at school. And my 11th but I don't really matter, right.