Chapter 3- The day before the Graduation Exam

PREVIOUSLY IN UNFAMILIAR TERRITORY

***

I heard the bell ring loudly, now the day was over. It wasn't really interesting because I already knew most of this from watching Naruto. As I woke up I noticed Shikamaru was now awake as well and he was staring at my red eyes. "Hey, I'm Nara Shikamaru. I see you slept through all the lessons as well huh?"

"Yeah I guess, I'm Hoshino Chiaki. I see you and I will be getting along just fine unlike those annoying fan girls. I could hear them from here whispering about me. How annoying...” I complained without glaring at him since I felt kind of comfortable around him. He chuckled and said "You're interesting, I expected you to be like one of those fan girls but I guess I was wrong."

I smirked at him and said "I know. I'm different................."

***

Chiaki’s POV

Today was the day before the Graduation test; I was sitting in my seat peacefully reading a comic. I was one of the first people to arrive early since I had nothing better to do; scanning through the comic I was reading I noticed a presence standing behind me.

“What do you want?” I asked not looking away from my comic book. “Yo! I’m Inuzuka Kiba and this is my partner Akamaru! Nice to meet you!” I heard a friendly voice say.

I turn to look at him and recognize that he looks the same as he does in the anime, those triangle marks on his cheeks, his furry coat and his cute dog Akamaru. Well later in the anime he won’t be cute anymore he’ll be huge!  I thought with a sweat drop.

“Yeah you too and if you don’t mind can you leave me alone?” I demanded. “Ehh? Oh come on, loosen up a little and chat with me? Nobody’s here yet and it’s boring being the only people in the classroom. Please?” he asked making puppy eyes at me with his dog.

What is wrong with me? I feel like the dog is making me give in, what is this feeling? Arrgghh! If I just talk to him for a little while he’ll leave me alone right?

“..Fine…” I reluctantly surrendered “Yosha! Let’s play 20 questions! I’ll start first! When’s your birthday? Mine’s July 7th.” he cheerily questioned. “It’s none of your business and I didn’t say that I was going to answer your questions did I?” I stated getting irritated.

 “Mou.. It’s hard to make you open up isn’t it?” He sulked but then he asked a question I’ve never been asked before “Can I call you Aki?” he grinned looking at my crimson-coloured eyes. My eyes widened a little and my heart started beating rapidly at the sight of his grin. “…Eh...” I lightly blushed and looked away from his bright grin. “I guess...” I said quietly. Nobody ever gave me a nickname before , until now…

I heard a light chuckle and turned around to see Kiba highly amused by something. “What are you laughing at?” I asked raising an eyebrow. He took one look at me and started chuckling again but then he finally stopped. “It’s just that you seem so cute blushing because I gave you a nickname and before you were so hostile towards me Aki” he teased.

I started to go red in the face and this time Kiba started laughing harder while his dog suddenly pounced on me. “Huh?” I muttered staring down at the cute ninja hound in my lap. I’ve never been around animals much and I have an urge to pet it so badly. Do I have a weakness towards adorable animals?

I raised my hand at Akamaru, starting to pet it’s fur stroking it gently and finding it somewhat fun. I couldn’t help but smile a little at the small bundle of fun in my lap.