Chapter 5- Our new Team

PREVIOUSLY ON FAMILIAR TERRITORY

***

When Iruka came in everyone settled down and sat in their seats. “Starting today, you are all new genins. We will sort you all into teams of 3 but because there is an odd amount of students in this class there will be a team of 4. Great… I hope I’m with people that are calm… My hopes were slowly shattered as Iruka announced Team 7, “Haruno Sakura, Uzumaki Naruto” Sakura banged her head onto the team while Naruto cheered joyfully.

“Uchiha Sasuke” Naruto went depressed while Sakura suddenly cheered up. “And because of the unequal number in this class, Hoshino Chiaki.” Iruka finished off. I face palmed hearing Kiba snickering at me on my right. Great… So I’m stuck with a loud protagonist, an overly annoying fan girl and an egotistical emo with duckbutt hair.

My life is screwed….

***

Chiaki’s POV

Today we were meeting our sensei; I was busy munching on my pocky while Sakura and Naruto were arguing. Sasuke was just sitting on his chair reading a book, glaring at it intensely.

I sighed and stared peacefully at the marshmellow-like clouds. Now I understand why Shikamaru wants to become a cloud. It’s really serene and they calm you down instantly. Makes you feel like you’re in another world…

“….Chi-chan!... Hello? Are you there?” Naruto loudly asked snapping me out of my daze. “Nani? What do you want Naruto?” I answered turning around to face him. “Don’t you think our sensei is really late? I mean even Iruka-sensei went!” Naruto complained.

“I guess… He must be taking a long shit.” I uttered. Sasuke and Sakura were now looking at me strangely and I glanced up to see Sakura walking towards me. “What?” I growled. “Um…Well I never hear you talk much except to Naruto and Kiba. I didn’t know you had a sense of humour.” Sakura replied.  “Hahaha… Chi-chan is like that! Believe it!” Naruto stated sweat dropping at my comment before.

“Hn.” Sasuke muttered. I sighed and asked Sasuke “Can’t you say anything other than ‘hn’? You’re pissing me off.” He took one look at me and resumed reading his book. “Hn.” He retorted. I sent a short glare in his direction before starting to send him a wave of daggers into his skull.

“Don’t glare at MY Sasuke-kun!” Sakura screeched. I quickly covered my ears, flinching at the volume of her scream. “Urasai…Before I skin you alive and serve you to my pet Wolf….” I threatened.  Naruto sweat dropped as he tried to calm me down. “Relax Chi-chan! I’ll give you pocky!” he offered.

As soon as I heard the word ‘pocky’ I jumped out of my seat and tackled him. Naruto stumbled a little bit before falling on his back completely. “Oof! Itai!” he complained. “Where’s my pocky!” I demanded staring at his bright cerulean eyes. Naruto looked straight into my red eyes as he slowly blushed. It took me a few seconds to realise what was going on.

My face went bright red as I understood what kind of awkward position I was in, I was laying on top of Naruto as his arm was wrapped around my waist and my hands were pressed against his chest. His other arm was supporting my back whilst my legs were uncomfortably tangled with his.

“Uhh…Gomen…” I awkwardly muttered.  I heard a loud cough from behind and saw Sakura looking at me with curiosity and understanding. “Do you uhh want help..?” She asked uncomfortably.

I stared straight at her emerald eyes and decided that it would be best if I got up from this embarrassing position. “Yeah. Arigatou.” I answered. She walked towards me and grabbed my hands, helping me to stand up.  I turned back to Naruto and saw him putting an eraser on top of the door. “What are you doing Dobe?” Sasuke asked.

“Can’t you see that he’s playing a prank on the new sensei? Moron…” I retorted gaining an irk mark from Sasuke. “Heh...I bet that he’s not going to fall for that stupid trick.” Sasuke declared. I smirked at him before crossing my arms. “Do you want to bet?”

“Fine. I bet 200 ryo that it won’t work.” He said. I smirked again while Sasuke was in his own little world of being an arrogant bastard. We all became silent as we heard footsteps coming towards this room. A hand grasped the door, we all stared, waiting. The eraser fell straight onto Kakashi’s weird silver hairdo.

I began walking up to Sasuke as Naruto burst out laughing while Sakura was scolding Naruto. “Pay up.” I demanded whilst I put my hand out. Sasuke reluctantly handed me 200 ryo as I walked away grinning widely like a maniac.

“My first impression of you guys is… I hate you.” He said. “Go up to the roof where we will start introducing ourselves.” He told us and poofed off.

TIME SKIP

“Let’s start introducing ourselves.” Kakashi suggested. Sakura had to be the annoying one and asked “Like what? What are we supposed to say?”

“Say your name, likes, dislikes, hobbies and your dreams for the future.” He replied. “You go first! We barely even know you! Believe it!” Naruto yelled. Kakashi sighed and started introducing himself “My name is Hatake Kakashi. My likes and dislikes…I don’t feel like telling you that.”

When I got lost in his introduction my mind wandered off as I was half-dreaming about becoming a cloud. Honto ni shizukade ne?

“How about you? You’re the last one.” Kakashi questioned me while I snapped out of my day-dream.  “I guess… My name is Hoshino Chiaki, my likes and dislikes are not for you to know but I can tell you that if you get in my way, you will regret it. My hobbies and dreams …I don’t feel like explaining it to you guys but I’ll tell you that you should never underestimate me from the beginning.” I finished off as I looked at my team’s intrigued faces.

“Okay… You are all unique in your own ways. Tomorrow we will have a test to determine if you guys will truly become genins. Out of the 24 graduates from the academy, only 10 will actually become genin. This is a pass and fail test with a failing rate of over 60%.” Kakashi calmly explained while I sweat dropped. Exaggeration…

Naruto was freaked out and wandered around gripping his hands into his hair. “Then what was the point of the graduation exam!” he shouted. “Oh…That was just for people who might become genins. Anyways! Bring all of your weapons tomorrow! Oh! You are not allowed to have breakfast either, you’ll puke.” He stated and poofed off again.

I sighed loudly and began to make my way home, not bothering to look back to see my team’s reaction.

What a day it’s going to be tomorrow…

***

Thanks for reading, please vote and comment! This chapter is kind of short today but I promise you that the next one will be long!

Honto ni shizukade ne?=It's really quiet huh?

Jayslee