Prologue

I'm at the plaza in the middle of the night walking. There are no people roaming around, there is just one light in the whole street that lights the way and still, it is dark which you can barely see around. There are no taxi or other transportation vehicles passing by that's why I have decided to walk until I reach the bus station to check it. I checked my wrist watch and checked the time.

"12:00 mn." It's hard to be the school president. I'm not supposed to be in this position.

At first, there's no such emotion of fear I felt even I walk alone in the darkness. I feel normal since I always go home late whenever there is a meeting.

Then, when I crossed the other street here in the plaza, there is also street light that lights the whole way but it is still dim. My heart started to beat faster without knowing the reason as I felt the coldness of air rushing in me.

"Why this feeling?" The words that came out of my mouth trying to act normal.

Then unexpectedly, I saw someone's reflection in the ray of the light. A shadow.

I turned around and trying to check if someone's following me.

"I'm the only person here. Maybe it's just my shadow." I whispered to myself. I just ignored the weird feeling and just continued walking.

I tried to distract myself by reciting a piece of declamation on my mind and calculating scientific problems as I'm walking.

"Please no!" I screamed as I feel like my heart is going to explode because of feeling anxious. Someone just pats my back. It's no joke. I felt it. Is someone following me? N-no..... What am I thinking?!

My whole body is shaking. I can't move my feet. I breath heavily trying to calm myself. I tried to ignore it once again and I immediately walk after that.

When I'm on my third step...

"You've always been the best. You've always got everybody's attention. And here's me, I'm just your shadow. I'm always the second best."

I stopped as I heard a familiar voice. I didn't want to confront this person for I am afraid to know who that is.

"Even the person who made me feel special-- the only person who made feel like I'm the best! YOU TAKE THEM ALL AWAY FROM ME!!" the voice continued to shout while pulling the trigger in different direction repeatedly. It feels like it's crying from anger.

I didn't know what to feel and I didn't want to confront this person... I'm scared to know.

"And now, without you, I could be the best and everyone will notice me!" I turned around and confronted as it aims the gun to me and shot me straight to my heart without any hesitations. I fell down.

I can barely see that person's face. But I'm sure that I know who this person is. Even though I can't see clearly.

Suddenly, all of my memories flashed before me.

Do you still remember when we were in your farm? You hurriedly went to me and embraced me... it felt like that embrace takes all away the harm luring around me.

Do you still remember when you were such a cry baby? Chuckles. You used to run towards my direction wearing those messed up face of yours and it's really funny... Jokes aside, I'm there to make you feel better again.

Do you still remember when the other children at our neighborhood bullied me? You... out of people, saved me from them. That day and onwards, until now, I realized how lucky I am to have you.

Do you still remember when we traveled together? You're like a sunshine trying to blind my eyes. Those smiles... were full of joy.

Do you still remember those days...?

"I-I love you. W-Why...?"

These are the words that escaped my mouth as I felt my body becoming colder and my eyes were ready to sleep.