Chapter 2: Clueless

Dexter's POV

It's like she's holding it back. It's like she can't say it. But I'm waiting for her to spill it out.

Please, tell me.

"Ke... Kez... Kezia..." The teacher said with a trembling voice.

Kezia? Why her??

"Kezia... is... dead." She declared.

My mind went blank. I can't hear anything but my heart, beating so fast.

"...she was murdered." She added.

Murdered? By WHO?! Who would do such a thing to a girl like her??!

I held my chest, squeezing it. My heart is aching too much.

"T-That's not true!" I shouted kicking all the chairs and tables around me as I stood up from my chair. "You're lying! You're all lying!"

The teacher covered half of her face and broke into tears again. Some of my classmates are crying too.

"T-This...can't be true.." I said. "This can't be, right? Raphael?? Tell me, it's not tru--"

"Stop it, Dexter!" One of our classmate, Alyssa, shouted in the room. "Do you think you're the only one who's suffering here? We all do, Dexter! We ALL do. And we can't do anything but to accept it." She said and broke into tears as her best friend hugs her.

Tears started to fall under my eyes unconciously. I felt like my world shuts down on me.

"No..." I whispered.

The teacher comes closer to me as she pats my back trying to calm me down. But I ignored that and pushed her hand away from me.

"Dexter... Calm down. I know it's hard--"

"Where's Cheska? She must've known something..." I said and started to walk fast towards the room's door to find Cheska.

"Dexter!" Raphael shouted from inside the room.

I didn't care to look back and just run.

This can't be happening right, Kezia?? You're still alive right?

As I was looking for Cheska, I keep remembering her sweet smiles that light up my mood...

"Hi Kezia! I've been finding you anywhere." Ohh, what did I just say? I scratched my head.

"Why?" I heard her sweet and soft voice as I sniff her warm and sweet like candy breath upon my face.

"Dex..?" She added as she waves her hand close to my face. And she gave me her sweet smile that made my heart beat even faster.

I finally arrived at Cheska's house.

I knock and knock their gate until one of their maid went out.

"Excuse me. But where's Cheska? I need to talk to her right now." I said as I step back from the gate.

"She's not here, sir. She's at miss Kezia's house." Their maid said.

I bowed and run again towards Kezia's neighborhood. It didn't took me so long to get there but as soon as I arrived there...

There are a lot of people around. Two police cars, cops, and those flowers that are for funerals outside their house.

"Dexter? Oh!" Kezia's mother said as she hug me and cried. "She's gone! My baby girl is gone!" she cried.

I don't know what to say. I'm so speechless.

What also caught my attention is the lights that leads inside their house. It's like its inviting me. But, no. There is still some part of me that doesn't want to go inside. I'm too scared to see if she's really in there or not.

"Why don't we go inside for now?" Kezia's dad said as he lead me and his wife inside.

But as we all walk down inside the house, a sweet voice but cold called my name.

"Dexter..."

"Kezia?" I said.

I can't believe it. She's in front of me.

But why isn't she smiling? Though I feel like she's staring at me. Why? Where is that smile you always wear whenever you caught me staring at you?

"Why isn't she smiling? Why is she just there looking at me?" I asked.

Kezia's mom tapped my back lightly. "She can't, Dexter." she said.

"Why? This isn't like her." I said still looking at Kezia.

"...because she's dead." Her mom added.

Suddenly, a loud screaming voice went inside my mind that made me don't remember what happened after that.