Chapter 10: The Ending

Police Officer Wong's POV

We arrested Cheska Cumarat for killing Kezia Rica Marnel Tuazon. These are the evidences that got after the incident. The evidences were confirmed.

We've been trying to find evidences but we couldn't until Cheska gave up and revealed the mess she has done. I couldn't believe that Mr. Cumarat's daughter will do such cruel thing. They really have a good reputation. And now, this is what happened.

_________________________________________

Cheska's POV (Real Cheska)

She knew that I like Dexter. She knew that I've fallen in love with Dexter.

"What was that a while ago Kezia?!! You were surrounded by crowd. You guys were so sweet. You know that I like Dexter and look what you did to me! You betrayed me!" I shouted at Kezia as I was pointing her.

"Cheska, I didn't accept his gifts. I actually rejected him for you because I know that you like him." She responded with her worried voice.

"Really huh?! You looked at each other as if you were already a couple. How could you do this to me?!" I pushed Kezia.

"You know what Cheska, it's not my fault if the person you like, likes me. Is it my fault? Am I the one who dictates his feelings? Yes, I like him! But it's not my fault in the first place. I don't get to choose who and when to love a person!" She responded. SHE IS GETTING INTO MY NERVES.

"You know what, you're just insecure about me since we were kids that's why you're doing this. You always get the attention of others because YOU ARE AN ATTENTION SEEKER. And actually, I should be the top 1 and not top 2. And I should be the school president and not vice president because that's what a Cheska Cumarat deserves. You're taking them away from me by being an attention seeker!" I responded shouting in anger.

"Is that what you think of me? After everything?!" Kezia responded as she broke in tears and walked away from me.

I don't care. I just told her what I really feel about her.

It's 12 midnight. I'm at the plaza right now following someone who's the best in the eyes of everyone. I considered her as my real sister. But I think this gun would probably be the best option for her.

I can feel her foot steps. It's really the best time to point this gun towards her. There are no enough lights in the street. She continued walking in the street. And when she passed the street light that lights up the whole way, I pat her and I hid in a post. Let me shake you, Kezia.

After how many minutes, I continued following her. I stopped in dark place and shouted at her.

"You've always been the best. You've always got everybody's attention. And here's me, I'm just your shadow. I'm always the second best." My eyes teared down.

I pointed the gun in her direction.

"Even the person who made me feel special-- the only person who made feel like I'm the best! YOU TAKE THEM ALL AWAY FROM ME!!" I pulled the trigger in different direction.

"And now, without you, I could be the best and everyone will notice me!" I saw her turned around and I shoot her without any hesitations.

That's how I killed my own best friend.

I woke up from the loud voices. It's like I was asleep for a week. All I can hear from them is, "Cheska collapsed!" It's like they were all panicking.

I can't see cleary. But as long as I can already see what's happening around me, I didn't have any idea. I stood up weakly. I'm infront of the house. There are a lot of peole around me.

"She woke up already. Cheska Cumarat, you're being arrested for killing Kezia Rica Marnel Tuazon." Is that true?! Did I hear it right?!

I looked at the surroundings and there I saw my father. It's like he's hiding from the people. He is covering his face with his hat.

"Dad?! What is this?!" I shouted at my father as I suddenly start crying.

"I thought you've already fixed this dad?! Dad, help me!! Are you just going to stare at me like that?! Your daughter is arrested!" I added as I'm sniffling.

He walked away from me until I couldn't see him anymore. "Daaaaaaaad!!!" I screamed as I burst into tears.

I can see the flashing lights capturing me as the police men brought me to the police cruiser.

I couldn't do anything but cry it all out.

_________________________________________

Cheska's POV

I am Cheska Cumarat. Yes, I killed my best friend. She was one of the reasons for my happiness. This is not a valid reason but I killed her because I was out of my mind. I wasn't thinking that time. I was swallowed by enviousness and hatred. Go ahead and judge me. I killed her because of my love to him. But after all of what happened, Dexter was found out dead but I don't know the reason. It's really hard to accept that. He also made my life better.

As time passes by, I came to realize that even though I have the most sinful crime in this world, it's not too late for me to change for the better. Because every person in this world deserves a second chance. And second chances are not given for a person to make things right. But are given to prove for us to prove that we could be better after all.

"I'm sorry, Kezia and Dexter. I hope you guys are happy now." I whispered underneath my breath as I unconsciously broke into tears.