Raiden

All I did was hijack a school computer to open up to some 'disturbing' images for the freshman class. Now I'm stuck doing community service... without wifi.

I swing a trash bag over my shoulder and follow the rest of the group. A bunch of messed up kids that are all forced to work together as punishment for some dumb thing they did. It's shocking to find the football star, James Andrew, present at the scene. He gets away with everything. His girlfriend is with us, too, and they're obviously talking quietly. The rest of the group seems mostly silent.

We walk quietly into some kind of room. The doors slam shut behind us. I turn to look at them but don't remove my headphones. I'm not even listening to music. I can't hear anything though, and that's kinda nice. Noise canceling. I can see some kids screaming. Everyone is in a panic. One kid falls to his knees in some dramatic expression.

"Uh, what's going on?" I ask, removing my beautiful headphones.

"I-I'm going to d-d-die..." one kid says.

"Nobody dies on my watch. I say we just murder James and get out of here." A girl, pretty I might add, glares at jock-boy James.

"What did I ever do?!" He growls.

"James." His girlfriend puts a hand on his shoulder.

"This is all a publicity stunt for his football team. Well, you got us! Haha, very funny James! Very funny! Now let us out!" Pretty girl looks really mad. I decide not to care, but I continue to watch, just to see how it plays out.

"Why would I lock myself up too? Are you stupid or something?"

"I get straight A's actually, and I've figured out your plan. You're the eyes on the floor! You report back to all your football friends from here and they prank us. I'm not stupid. I know you're behind it."

James lunges for the girl, but his girlfriend holds him back. "Millie, stop." She looks almost pleading towards the pretty girl.

"Not until he lets us out!" The pretty girl, Millie, was stubborn.

"I don't know how to let you out!! I'm trapped too!"

"Maybe he's not lying." A ginger kid, Daniel, says with a shrug.

"So you're defending him too??"

"I never said that; I just don't think we should get all upset over spilled milk." He points to the obviously fake carton of spilled milk on the floor. Lame.

"Don't compare this to spilled milk! People could die down here if he doesn't let us out!"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry to spoil the mood. You know, like spoiled milk..? No...? Okay, I'll stop." One girl smiles a little. Daniel doesn't seem to notice.

"I don't understand any of this," I say, trying to catch someone's attention. Nobody seems to notice me so I put back on my headphones. "Okay, I'll just put my headphones on again then." I push my way through the small crowd and make my way to the closest corner.

People start to walk away soon. I also leave the crowded room. We have a whole new world down here. Might as well explore it. I don't explore. I go to the first dark, empty room I see and I sit in there on my phone.