Chapter 5

2 months later

EmmaLynn's POV

It had been 2 months since I finished school or spoke to Hunter. I was planning the grand opening of Emy's Kitchen.  I had offically moved back to Louisiana. So now I am talking with the designer for my restaurant. I heard the door open and it was Hunter's Mom.

"Hey Ms. Lynette." I said.

"Hey baby." She said hugging me.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"I love it, nice southern theme." She said.

"So did you need anything?" I asked.

"Uh, this came in my mail for you." She said handing me a gold envelope.

I opened it and it was a wedding invitation to Hunter's wedding. When I opened it something fell out. I picked it up and it was a letter.

Emy, I wanted to let you know. I paid your student loans off. So don't worry about them. I know it won't make you talk to me but just wanted to let you know. Please come to the wedding. I really want my bestfriend there.

~Love Hunter.

I stood there in shock. He actually paid my stuff off. I sat down in one of the chairs and just looked at the invite.

"I think you should go." His mom said.

"I will." I said.

"Okay baby, see you later." She said leaving.

I pulled out my phone and opened my messages.

Hunt😘

Thank you.

That was all I said. I locked my phone and went back to what I was doing.

Hunter's POV

My phone vibrated and I pulled it out.

EmyBoo👑

Thank you.

I took it as she got the invite and the note I slipped in. I smiled and put my phone back in my pocket. I was in the studio recording.

"Hunter!" Libby yelled.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Care to explain why there is a canceled check for $50,000 to a loan place and the memo says Emmalynn's SL." She said.

"I paid her student loans off." I said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Look we will talk about this when I get home." I said.

"This isn't over." She said leaving.

"Dude you're in teouble." Matt said.

"I have know EmmaLynn since we were babies. I made that promise a long time ago. I am a man of my word." I said.