Sneak off

After a few minuets of our small but passionate make out session we started to walk further and further, in no certain direction until we were at the edge of town where there was nothing really but a small road and open grass and land or cotton-covered small fields. Sometimes we'd run across a farmer who would give us weird looks, which we'd laugh at until our sides hurt then we'd find a shady tree and take a small break. On one of the small breaks I let my curiousity get the best of me, without even thinking I asked, "Why did you want to leave? You just got back..." The question had been bothering me ever since he had decided to sneak off with me. Did I ruined everything? Does the gang hate me? Did they kick Johnny out just because of me? I thought everything had been going fine but apparently it wasn't.

For a while he was quiet, twirling a few pieces of grass around his finger as if the question had made him even more shy than he is. "W-Well I thought they made you uncomfortable and since I'm still such a stranger myself that if I brought you with me alone anywhere you'd have a chance to get use to me before you have to get use to the whole gang." Johnny spoke quietly and shy, blushing. "I suppose I hadn't put any thought into my actions. I'm sorry if you think my logic is stupid but... But you know it's only because I love you. I'm a fool in love with you, dear. What else can I do?" He finished his statement, pulling me into a protective hug.

I didn't know what to say honestly. I don't know how to put 'your so adorable, I love you too' in words without sounding sarcastic so I just kissed him lovingly, but I was shocked at how passionate he kissed back. I let my arms snake their way around him, getting closer to him as he ran his fingers through my hair.

The moment was perfect, the wind creating a gentle breeze through the warming air, and Johnny's sweet lips firmly against mine. Surely nothing could ever ruin this moment.. Right? Even if love is a rare thing to find like unicorns and pots of gold at the end of rainbows. Like spotting Santa or flying. All things that seem impossible.

It was at this moment that I realized I'd done a magical thing. I'd fallen deeply in love with Johnny Cade.

A/N// omfg sorry!!! I'm taking college in high school and fallen behind like the dumbass I am! Also I wanted to write a deep loving chapter here but after I tried to change fonts and it wasn't working it ticked me off so yeah I'll surely have a deep loving update soon enough acter wattpad gets it's shit together!