『Prologue』

✘ Prologue ✘

"I'm going to CCG Headquarters." said a boy with bluish hair as he face a girl with her entire body wrapped in bandages, with a tattered maroon cloak with droopy ears attached to the hood, they were both standing at the roof of a building in the city of Tokyo.

"Okay, then I will be coming with you." replied the girl as she was facing him with an unnoticeable smile on her face. "I think it will take a long way to pretend to be a human" he said as he sat down at the roof of the building where he stood. He starred at the glassy sky with snow.

"It really will be" she said and sat next to him, "...he was so funny when he was attacking me earlier" she added with a laugh. The boy's eyes widened and looked down to the girl.

"You were with her earlier?"

"How long am I gonna correct you..? She's a 'he' now." The girl raised her index finger. "He really attempted to kill me at that moment." The girl added, moving her feet childishly. The boy glanced back through the skies and started to think of the image of his old friend. 'How come have you become like this, Rei?' he thought to himself but suddenly disturbed by the ghoul next to him.

"Are you thinking of something, Ayato?" she said and turned her head, staring at Ayato but he remained in silence.

"Come on, Ayato, it will not be so bad if you tell me" the girl said, trying to give her support even though she knew it would not do any good. He glanced at her for a while before started speaking.

"I'm thinking about the old Suzuya I knew." Ayato said with his voice shaking nervously and his fists are formed. He was disappointed for a while as he knew it was helpless to do any good if he told her what he was really thinking about.

"Don't worry, he will come back in a little more time... Let's keep on going." The girl smiled at him humorously and stood up. Ayato nodded and stood up along with her.

"Let's go, Eto."