『5』

Chapter Five: Anxiety

Juuzou heard his word, his chest hurtled even more. He wondered and doubt about it. He something really felt different. Why is it like this? Why did he know his old name?

"It hurts..." He said. "Who is Rei? How did you know him?" He added as his chest hurtled even more, he grabbed his shirt, crumpling it.

"I... don't understand." Juuzou said and just froze at his companion's sudden action. Ayato wrapped his arms around him, trying to give his only comfort.

"Don't worry, you'll understand it sooner." He just said, he didn't felt him hug back onto him. He broke the hug and stared at reaction of the boy in front of him. He was a little relieved from the pain in his chest.

"Thanks." Juuzou said while wiping his tears. Ayato smiled warmly at him.

"We should have go now." Ayato suggested and grabbed his companion's wrist as they walk. Juuzou was still wondering about his doubt for his companion. He have no idea how he'd know his old name. He put his thoughts aside and put himself back together.

"Um, who is Eto-san to you?" Juuzou asked. "You two know each other, right?" He asked while wondering. Not even knowing why he had questioned about her.

"She's just a friend to me." Ayato answered like he didn't care and doesn't want to talk about it. Once they arrived at the building, Ayato starting letting go of his wrist and began to walk with him towards to the 20th ward. There's no people inside the room. It was quiet.

"It seems there's no people around." Ayato muttured. "it seems so.." He replied back.

"Juuzou..." Ayato turned serious. Juuzou glanced at him and waited him to continue. "Whatever happens, please never leave me alone." Ayato continued with a warm smile on his face. Juuzou giggled at him.

"Of course!"

"It's a promise, okay?" Ayato said. "Mhm." Juuzou replied with a nod.

"You know, if I hadn't met you, I will never learn to smile." Ayato said while thinking of their childhood memories. While Juuzou was wondering how come he became a reason to make him smile, he was at the same time happy to his words. He was happy that he have made him smile for rare times that they got along.

As the days past they become even closer, they've always visited the zoo every time they go out to eat. Ayato went at ;re to do his works as came up with some stories about what was happening between him and Juuzou.

---

"Ah, What a luck at your work. It's really impressive that you still haven't been found out that you were a ghoul." Touka said while cleaning the tables.

"Yup, it's really fun to work in there." Ayato said while drinking a cup of coffee. Touka stopped at wiping the tables and turned to him.

"I really wanted to come but..." She got froze for a while and remembered how she killed a investigator, Mado. She knew one of a member of his family was in there as a replacement of him. "...I might be caught." She continued.

"Well, that's too bad." Ayato said and glanced at the clock.

"Do she remembered already about you?" Eto asked while sitting at the one of the chairs. "She haven't yet but it seems that she was remembering a little." Ayato just answered not looking straightly to the person where he was talking to. When he realized the time, his eyes widened and stood up.

"Shoot, I'm late for work. I'll be coming back here at some other time." Ayato ran and start changing his clothes into his new uniform. He went out of the room and once his sister spotted him with his clothes, she started laughing again which made Ayato stopped from hurrying.

"What now?" He asked. Touka couldn't hold her laugh and just continued on laughing at his brother. Ayato rolled his eyes "Tch, whatever." He said and headed towards to the CCG. Once he entered the room, he was suddenly greeted by Seido with a good mood.

"Good Morning, Kirishima!" Seido greeted joyfully.

"Good morning to you too." Ayato greeted back.

"You know, you really have done well, Suzuya's old character came back, and it's all because of you. That's really the best part of your work. Because if he hadn't come back, I'm surely he will stay clumsy as he was." Seido said. Ayato smiled at him.

"Thanks. I really did my best." Ayato said calmly but then a sound of a gunshot echoed inside the room.

"Everyone! Gather in the rooftop!" an investigator said as everyone gathered up. Ayato looked on to the target and saw

"Nishiki?!" He whispered silently. Nishiki glanced at the corner of his eyes to the investigators who were after him and grinned.