Night out [ I ]

"I swear to God Jess, if you're another minute late, we are leaving without you!!" Lily shouted as she impatiently paced around the carpet. Her friend Jessica had said she was adding the finishing touches on her makeup. Surely if she had spent just a few more seconds on herself, the entire effort would be all for naught and they'd miss the biggest outing of their lives.

The girls were together again. After a 4 year separation, Lily, Jessica, and Lexi were together again! They were the perfect group of friends, from fawning over the same men to eating the entire kitchen at once, the girls had definitely found common ground since meeting in college.

But those days were over, they had gone to separate parts of the world and now relied on social media to communicate. Tonight, though, was their first night back together. After hours of hugging and cuddling, the girls had gotten ready to hit the town!

Well, except Jessica. The gorgeous blonde had to make sure her eye makeup was spot on.
Lexi and lily gave each other a frustrated glance before Jess finally emerged at the top of the stairs. She slowly walked down, her small purse in hand, her heels clinking on the floor beneath her, and a small smile on her lips.

The two other girls groaned in frustration.

"Finally! You do realize you don't need that much makeup girl, you're gorgeous!" Lexi said rolling her eyes. But before anyone could say another word, the door was flung open and the girls ran towards the car.

———

Jim looked down at his watch. A quarter past 9.

He sighed and looked up ahead of him at Jai grabbing a couple of shot glasses filled with Tequila and heading towards him.
"This ones for you, mate," Jai smirked as he handed one of the glasses to Jim.

With a smirk, Jim took the glass and downed the shot immediately, feeling the liquid burn his throat.
Jai stared on in disbelief.

"Oy, I wasn't ready yet! You're too nervous, mate, like a girl at her prom," Jai smirked and raised his shot glass.

"Cheers." And with that, he downed the drink.

"You think he'll come?" Jim asked.

"Who? Your maniacal clown lover? Not a chance!" Jai laughed. Jim rolled his eyes.

Why he took Jai's abuse, he didn't know. But it was good company. He had befriended some of his suicide squad cast mates but the easiest to get along with were Jai and occasionally Jared.

Jared was in a league of his own. He was a much more experienced entertainer in all aspects but Jim felt a closeness to him. Maybe because he had played Jared's henchman.

Maybe because he was Jonny Frost and Jared was the Joker. And the two apart would never make sense.

Jim's thoughts were interrupted when he felt a tap on his shoulder. Turning around he saw a man completely covered. He was holding down his hood over his head. But Jim knew who it was.

"Jared?" He asked.

"J, just J. Can't risk it. Too many people." Jared spoke from underneath the large hood of his jacket covering him.
Jim still thought it was a dead giveaway the way Jared was hiding himself but it couldn't be helped.
Jai approached the men and began to laugh.

"Eh, mate, tough to be out and about isn't it? Too-famous problems, ey old bloke?" Jai snickered and downed another shot he had obtained from a passing waitress.