Oblivion: Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Hey, you should just calm down." I told her as I squeezed her right hand. "Sure." She said as she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. I smiled as I noticed the subtle changes in her appearance tonight, her lashes were now highlighted and her lips were red and I know it might sound perv but she looks hot.

Her eyes flew open and finally met mine, "Stop looking at me like that." And I swear in that moment I felt myself blush a million shades of red. I know I have told myself that I am not in love with her, but I can't deny I am quite attracted to her.

"Y-yeah. I could do that." I said as I took my eyes away from her but not my hands.

I smiled as I felt her fingers squeezed my hands, "Oliver, I'm not really used to this so if I make a mistake make sure to cover it up for me."

"Of course, but you shouldn't be so worried. Just enjoy the show and everything will be just fine." I let go of her hand and faced her. I stared at her and it is evident that she is indeed nervous.

I pulled her into a hug, I don't know if she could feel my heart thumping so hard because of nervousness. I smiled as I smelled her perfume, why do I feel this way around her tonight?

Is it because she is my leading lady? Or am I starting to have these kind of feelings for her?

"George and Oliver your scenes are already in line." Frannie's voice interrupted my thoughts and our little hug.

"We'd be in the back stage soon." I told Frannie as she left and closed the door.

"We can do this George."

"I know you could pull this off, you are part of their team for a long time and besides you've been doing this since forever." She remarked after letting out a deep breath.

"Just enjoy and remember your lines. You'll be fine.". She shook her head with a smile on her lips.

"Let's just get going."

As we walked the busy hallways to reach the backstage, I held onto her hand. I don't know why but I felt this might help ease her nervousness or I guess mine.

"George!" a high pitched voice called out the name of my best friend.

"Here Annalisa!" She shouted back as she let go of my hand and waved both her hands to call the attention of this "Annalisa".

A beautiful girl emerged from the crowd and instinctively hugged George. "I couldn't believe you got the lead role. I am so proud if you bestie!" She remarked in a very gleeful voice. "Well, I didn't expect to be in the cast in the first place. " George said as they broke the hug.

"Oh, by the way." She said as if she forgot something but quickly remembered.

"Annalisa this is Oliver, my other best friend aside from you."

"Hey there!" She greeted with a wide smile and extended her hand for a hand shake and said, " I am Annalisa Peirce."

"Oliver." I plainly said as I took her hand and shook it. Well, this is getting kinda awkward.

"Oliver!" I heard Frannie's voice and silently thanked God. "So I must be going, it was nice to meet you Annalisa and George you'd be up soon." And with that I left for Frannie.

"Good thing you are here already. Now take this." She said and handed me the suitcase I'd be using as a prop.

"Break a leg." She said as she literally pushed me to the stage.

The stage lights almost blinded me as I staggered in. But my eyes quickly adjusted as I walked in a purposively designed airline.

"At last, I have set my feet once more in the land I have longed to see." I sang as I smiled and twirled with joy.