Chapter Three

By the time we'd reached Victors Village gates, I hadn't looked anywhere apart from out of the window I was sitting next to. There was only me, Soldier Alexander, and the driver in the car. The other two Peacekeepers who were supposed to be coming with me had to stay behind to take care of the crowd of people at the train station.

Victor's Village is a wealthy neighbourhood, which is presented in every District, and is where the past Victors of the Games live. Hints the name "Victors" village. All of the Districts contain twelve mansions. This is what us Victors are rewarded when we win the Games. The houses in District twelve are very dull, probably because most of them have never been used. Each one contains an office, multiple bedrooms, a living room, a kitchen and a basement. When the Victor dies, everyone sharing the house with them must leave and move back to their old house.

Lucky thing Haymitch and I don't share with anyone.

The car's engine stops, and the driver gets out of the car. I can't move, I feel like what I witnessed just before has taken its toll on me. But when I do get out of the car, one of the Victors doors opens.

"Peeta" I say, almost like a whisper. He gives me a gentle smile, and walks over to me.

"Hi Luce" When he's close enough, I can see little bags under his eyes, and a little bloodshot. He looks so tormented. So when he does reach me, we share a moment wrapped in each others arms. I've missed him. I've missed all three of them. And knowing that they've had six months without me, just sends a horrible feeling through my stomach.

"Now aren't you a sight for sore eyes?" We unwrap our arms from each other, but I still keep an arm wrapped around his neck. We look up to see Haymitch wobbling towards us. He has no shoes or socks on, and since there's snow and ice on the ground, it's not the most sensible thing.

"Hi Haymitch. Are you sure that's a sensible idea?" He outstretches his hand, as though he wants us to hold him in case he falls. I reach out to him, and he hops towards us, and joins us in our embrace.

"Where's Katniss?" I ask, as we all pull away.

"In her house I think. She left after she poured water over my head" I can feel Peeta give a chuckle beside me. "Hey! It's not funny!"

"It must have been!" I insist, and we just laugh it off. I turn around, and see the driver and my guard taking out the few bags that I brought with me.

"Who's the peacekeeper?" Haymitch whispers, his eyes worried. His reactions the same as mine, except a little calmer. He knows I need to keep my position in the rebellion a complete secret, and not mention it to anyone I know who is part of it too.

"Lucinda, would you like me to take my bags inside?" Soldier Alexander asked me.

"Sure, thank you" We all watch him walk into my house, and Peeta turns to me.

"Who's that?"

"My guard. My protector. His name is Soldier Alexander."

_*_*_*_*_*_*_

After Haymitch and Peeta returned to their homes, I sat on the steps leading up to my front door, drawing in my notebook. My Guard stands at the bottom of the stairs. I guess he wasn't wrong when he said he needed to go everywhere with me.

I'd just finished drawing some of the mutts from my previous games, when the door to the right of the house opposite mine opened up. At first two men whom I'd never seen before walk out of the house, and then my stomach ties itself in knots. President Snow follows them, and Prim is stood at the door, half pale, and the rest is just pure terror. Snow must have been talking to Katniss.