Chapter 3

I haven't done shopping in a while simply  because it takes me about two months to run out of supplies. I love doing shopping in pick  n pay.

I  pushed my trolley towards the snacks section and took Pringles which I enjoy eating while watching movies, sweets, a bunch of cookies and moved on to another rack to get toiletries. I also bought Spensor's tunafish which is her favourite food ever.

I grabbed a few other things I needed and headed at the teller machine. After paying exactly 350$ for my items, I packed them back in the trolley and pushed it   towards the exit door.

I went straight  to KFC which was next to pick n pay. I bought a krusher and I made my way to the elevator. "You have done some heavy shopping there. " says a man in the elevator. He spoke with a heavy Caprivian accent.

I started to deduce him; probably 1.7m tall. I would say hes in his early thirties. Single. Recently got out of a  relationship, hence the traces of the relationship bracelet he used to wear as a commitment to his ex girlfriend. Poor sense of style. He must be working in a mine hence the heavy CAT shoes he wore with causual jeans and a checked shirt, opening 3 buttons up  exposing the thin gold chain in his neck. He was light skinned and looked like he didn't shave in the last two weeks. I blinked knowing I read him like an open book in less than ten seconds. Iyup, That was my super power.

"Oh yeah. Its for two months. I hate having to come to the stores now and then. I see you haven't done any shopping , didn't find what you were looking for?" I asked as the elevator came to a stop. i stepped out and he followed.

"Yes I couldn't find what I was looking for. I will probably go check at Grove mall." He said.

"Okay good luck with that then" I said and decided to leave.

He called out behind me "wait! Sorry I didn't catch your name? "

"Oh I didn't say it. Good day" I said rudely as if he said anything offensive. I knew where he was going with that.  next thing he would ask for my number. And i don't want to be tangled  in some relationship when I have cases to solve. Yes I put my work first before anything. Let me rephrase that. I put Spensor first then my work second.

  I came home  And dropped the plastic bags on the the kitchen table. I poured my self a glass of water which I drank in one gulp without breathing. I was very thirsty. And so was Spensor who came running to me in the kitchen.

"I missed you Spens!" I said rubbing her snow-white fur. I gave  her water and soon after, her tunafish. She ate hungrily.

My phone rang and I answered.  "Hi Yvonne! What's up ?" Nothing. Then I hear sobs. I start to worry and keep asking "Yvonne? Are you okay? Darling what's going on?"  Another sobbing sound. I hung up, grabbed my car keys and dashed out.

I found Yvonne on her knees next to a dead body which i realised was her sisters'.

Her sister's corpse lay in a pool of her own blood. She was shot once in her temple and and twice in the  adomen. Looking at how fresh the blood was and how cold the corpse was, i concluded that this has happened aproximately an hour ago.

I was pretty shaken up to see Yvonne breaking down. I helped her to her feet and hugged her as tight as I could. I stroked her hair trying to calm her down.

Minutes later Yvonne's house was full of policemen investigating  and took the corpse away. "You should come with me, you can't stay here tonight." I offered although I was not genuinely offering, given the secrets of my house that no one needs to know. She didn't have the strength to decline so I took her to my house.