Chapter 13

Sharon decided one sunday morning to contact the Holy people's churchs' pastor.

She had gone with her husband for support. They were welcomed like new members of the church. The pastor called them in front of the church and he started to pray for them. The pastor held Sharon's head and started to spill the secrets of the Ishmael family.

The pastor shouted out loud about the sacrifices, the rituals Lorraine practices and every dirty secret about the businesses.

People listened in shock and Sharon's husband recorded most of what the pastor said, with his phone.

Sharon did not sleep that night. She couldn't talk, she couldn't eat. She was traumatized. Her husband tried to calm her down.

############

Lorraine's businesses started to crumble down. She couldn't do anything to save them. She kept calling Kali to explain but he wouldn't pick up or reply her text messages.  She wanted to call Sharon but something told her she is probably too busy with the "good life" . They haven't spoken in awhile.

Lorraine had decided to resign as a detective. Detective williams begged her not to quit, he even suggested increasing her salary but he couldn't change her mind. She didn't have any energy to do anything anymore.

#################

*Lorraines POV*

I didn't expect my life to turn out like this. Everything is crushing down all at once. I was in my bed 24/7 not having the energy to do anything at all. I haven't bathed in forever, the monsters can't stop hauling because I haven't fed them and I'm pretty sure they are about to break the cupboard anytime soon.

I heard the doorbell ring.

I was surprised because I wasn't expecting anyone.

I went downstairs to open it.

"Hello beautiful!" He said.

I could not believe my eyes. I blinked twice just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

"You look terrible! Can I come in??" He said.

He let himself in and I closed the door.

"You look really bad Lorraine. Did you miss me?" He said.
I couldn't understand how Simata survived the accident but here he was, looking all clean and healthy.

"How are you still alive?" I asked in shock

He laughed hysterically. I knew right away that he came to finish what he started.

"We were on our way to get married, and you ruined that. I must admit, that was smart of you though and for me to be here it's an actual miracle. But what you don't know Lorraine is that people like me don't do things without plan Bs. I anticipated something like this. But it's all in the past now. I'm back home and we can proceed with our wedding. And do you know what I want this time? A big wedding, fit for a king and queen like ourselves. The media will be invited and all the elites will come celebrate with us. See I have been away busy planning our wedding while you have been sobbing in bed over small things. Today you are going to choose your dress and probably your bridesmaids' and that's it. Everything is in place already." He said

"What makes you think I'll agree to marry you Simata ? Don't you get it? It won't happen. I don't know what you are going to blackmail me with this time but I will not do it. " I said.

"Are you sure sweetheart ? Devil is dead Incase you haven't heard. So you  are on your own. And you are right, I will not blackmail you but before I slit devils' throat, we had a great chat about you. And you know one of the fascinating things  he said? He said you have "pets" and I am going to see for myself." He said and ran upstairs.