Chapter 2-Little Clara

*Farley's POV*

Clara was growing by the day. She's so cute honestly and literally her dad. I can see Shade in everything she does. It makes me love her even more. Mare dotes on her especially. I'm positive it's only because of Clara that she's got over Cal.  Clara is a beacon of hope towards everyone here. 

Julian says she is the first known child of a newblood and a Red and that the chance of her being a newblood herself is extremely low. She shows signs of being able to throw a knife and fire a gun very easily. Mama's daughter all the way; she's got powerful lungs on her as well. 

I fear for the little lightning girl sometimes. She's been through a lot, we all have but her especially. When we freed her from Maven, she was like a kicked dog. Now Cal has ditched her, she has no-one. A time will come when her storm will explode; and no-one will be able to stop it. Not even the idiotic Burners.

*Gisa's POV*

Shade is dead killed by a magnetron. Cal has left, power corrupted him. And Mare is now changed, a killing machine. The girl from the Stilts is no longer there. She scares me but she is still my sister. 

My hand hurts. Sarah fixed it up and the amount of stitching I do is far more than I did when I was an apprentice. The Scarlet Guard go through a lot of banners. God knows what they do with them. Always the same, the sun on the red background. The symbol of change.

Anyway back to Mare. Her hair is mostly grey thanks to what Maven did to her that satanic bumhole. (a lady never swears) Maven smothered her spark for months and when she got it back, she destroyed a courtyard. Her power is huge and she doesn't have full control over it. Now Cal is gone, no-one can help her control it except Cameron. But Cameron refuses to use her silence on Mare as she was silenced for so long. She says she won't be responsible for making Mare have more mental scars.

My days are always the same. Try to piece the family back together and fail. Talk to Kilorn, which works for a while. Clara is my bright spot; my niece makes any day amazing. I'm always kept busy; weaving and stitching banners. It's hard work, but I appreciate it; it distracts me from my demons and ghosts.

I believe in the Dawn. I believe in Mare, that she will come back to us someday. I hope it isn't to late for her.

<5 Days Ago>

*Mare POV*

I hide from everyone. Not because i'm moping over Cal but because my demons never stop anymore. 

Memories and ghots haunt me. I can't sleep. Everything time I shut my eyes, Shade appears in fromt of me. I hear Samson's voice in my head, poking in the corners and unleashing my demons to kill me. Maven's voice echos in my head. I know now the boy I thought was real isn't and he never was. I have to destroy him. I must. I must.

Scratch scratch scratch. Something was happening. My eyes shot out lightning bolts. They were purple. I was a human lightning rod. All I saw was lightning shooting from my body. It filled the room and made a cage. It struck me and it hurt. My eyes shut and I slipped into unconsciousness.

<Present day>

I'm not going on recruitments. I'm not featuring on any broadcasts. Instead i'm focusing on training with the others and re-building bonds with those I pushed away.

I came out of the unconscious state when I spoke to Farley yesterday. I felt better and stronger than I had before. My demons had been shut up when that bolt struck me. It was like I had gone past the point of exhaustion and so my body shut down.

Now my lightning veins purple and strong and I can control a storm quite easily now. I am stronger. I dare Maven to hunt me down. I dare him to fight me. Because I will win and I will destroy him like his minions destroyed Shade.

House Samos no longer allies with Maven, but it is still dangeorus. Of course, Queenstrial gave Evangeline a crown and of course, she will get it no matter what happens. They are one of our biggest opponents after Maven and House Merandus. But once we eliminate them, Cal will take the throne. The minute an heir is produced, Samos will kill him.

I can't let that happen. Because I am weak. Because I am weak, I will always feel something for the Fire Prince. But I have buried it deep down; and I will never go back to someone who ditched me. 

Never ever ever, no matter who they are.