25 Summer Life Hacks

This summer presents new fun and exciting challenges. So try some of these fun life hacks I've found to help get you through them!

1. Secret Starbucks drink: Order a Passion Tea Lemonade sweetened and ask for it to be blended. The result is a sweet and refreshing slushy! Perfect for this summer.

2. Putting nail polish on 15 minutes before applyin makes it go on much smoother!

3. Playing beach volleyball at night? Intertwine glowsticks through the net.

4. When shopping for a bathing suit, make sure that the fabric is tight in the butt area. The fabric will stretch half a size bigger once you get in the water, resulting in that common but dreaded Saggy Butt Syndrome.

5. If you've got a horribly embarrassing sunburn, fill and ice cube tray with vinegar and rub the ice cubes onto the affected areas. This is already a popular life hack using vera, but vinegar is much more efective in reducing the redness associated with sunburns.

6. If your traveling or at the beach hide your emergency money in a shampoo bottle. Chances are, nobody's wants to steal your shampoo. 

7. Have you ever noticed when you put a straw in a can of soda, it doesn't want to stay? Try bending the tab of the can over the hold and sliding your straw down through the tab. No more floating staws, because now, it's held in place.

8. The next time your at a party and someone has a bag of chips laying around, imoress your friends by making them into custom snack bowls. You can fold the top edge inside the bag first then begin rolling the bottom corners, up into the base of the bag, pushing the chips as you go. You'll end up with a custom snack bowl, with chips overflowing.

9. On vacation but still working? Encase your laptop in a cardboard box so you can see the screen better.

10. Turn your seat warmer on to keep pizza hot while driving home

11. If a bee or wasp lands on you, blow on them to get them off instead of slapping and they won't retaliate. 

12. When you need a drink to cool down, hot water can taste disgusting.  Try filling your water bottles, a quarter of the way, so that when their on their sides, the water settles just below the bottle neck.  Now stick your bottles in the freezer and go on with your day.  When the water is frozen it will make an ice block on the side the bottle, but doesn't block the opening.  Now when you need to cool off just take a bottle from the freezer, fill it up with your favorite drink, and you've got an instant, icy cold beverage ready to go.

13. The next time you eat a giant hamburger, try turning your sandwich upside down.  The tops are nearly twice as thick as the bottoms, and a lot more durable.  So be smart, and eat your hamburgers upside down.

14. Summer means popsicles, and popsicles mean your kids are going to get sticky fingers.  Grab a small paper cup, and carefully poke a hole in the bottom, about the size of a popsicle stick.  Now when you push a popsicle inside, you've got an instant drip catcher, and no more sticky fingers.  By the way, this works great with cupcake liners as well!

15. You've probably been to a BBQ where the condiments take up half the table, and the lineups for using them take forever.  Solve the problem with a muffin pan.  This way your condiments are easy to access and your lines will move along quickly.  You'll also dramatically increase your table space, and cut down on the things to clean up afterward.

16. Whites and pastels are all over the place this summer. Sure you’re a fashion forward individual with an impeccable sense of style, but that doesn’t mean that you don’t sweat + light colours = sweat stains. Rather than wearing darks all summer to avoid ruining your favourite tops, use this trick: scrub the stained shirt with equal parts lemon on water then wash the shirt. For better results, allow the shirt to air dry as the sunlight will work with the citric acid to better remove stains.

17. Everyone loves lighter hair in the summer, but sometimes you just can’t justify spending all that money in a salon. Instead, spray your hair with a mixture of two parts lemon juice, one part water at least 3 times a week. You should start noticing lighter locks within a few weeks (note: the lemon juice will dry out your hair so make sure you use lots of conditioner).

18. Have a new pair of shoes that cause blisters? According to Everyday Health, you can avoid this problem by swiping some deodorant along the inside of your shoe. This will minimize moisture and friction which are some of the leading causes of blisters.

19. Everyone loves a sweet treat like ice cream on a hot summer day, but one of the worst things is when it gets freezer burnt. To prevent frost on your favorite treat, stick the pint of ice cream in a zip lock bag before tossing it in the freezer. This trick will be sure to keep it soft for your next snack, tonight, in front of the TV.

20. Having a party with no music? Stick your iphone or ipod inside a glass bowl, the curved shape will work as an amplifier.

21. Get unlimited skips on Pandora when you open up the incognito tab

22. Need some free Wifi? The best places to go are Panera, McDonalds, Apple Store, Office Depot, Staples, and Courtyard Marriott

23. Accidentally text the wrong person?  Immediately put your phone on airplane mode and once it fails to deliver, delete the message!

24. Type in "b&w..." "negative..." or "Sepia..." as the caption for a Snapchat to turn it black and white, photo negative or sepia.

25. You can ask for your burrito to be wrapped with a cheese quesadilla instead of a normal flour tortilla at Chipotle.