Chapter3: Hazel

HAZEL

Best friend to the drug lord's queen and the drug lord's nigga's girlfriend. I heard it all before. Hating the fact that everyone says I'm no good except them. No one really knows anything but Arie King Cyn and Major. No more no less, here I'm the new girl and don't nobody know not to mess with me so I'ma have to show them all.

~Down the street from Major's house~

So I'm walking do the street to Major's apartment and so rag tag bitches look at me with a stank look. So I look right back at them.

"Problem?" I ask them.

"You Major's girl?" one of the girls ask me.

"Yeah why." I say stepping up to them.

" 'Cause his baby's mama wants to know who he fuckin' wit?" the girl yells at me.

"Bitch it don't matter if he was, is has been, will be or isn't yo baby daddy don't fuckin' worry bout if we fuckin' or nah. Carry you ugly muppet faced ass on to yo damn house. Okay? Okay bye." I say walking up the stairs to Major's apartment. I knock on the door.

"Who is it?" Major yells though the door.

"Me nigga open the door!" I yell back.

He comes to the door and leans out of it gettin' in my face so I lean back. "What's wrong wit you?" he asks

" 'Cause yo ratchet ass baby mama is tryna fuck wit me you betta get ha ass." I say. My strong ass accent be fuckin' up my words.

"MAJOR! MAJOR! I KNOW YOU HEAR ME MAJOR!" his baby mama yells walking over to the stoop to the apartment.

"Mann, Sarah go on somewhere." He yells out the door.

"I need money for your daughters pampers." She says to him in a pleading voice.

"What happened to the grand I gave you last week. That should have lasted both of y'all. What happened to your job Sarah. For god sake you work at a damn office you get good money and plus yo ass live in uptown Compton not even section 80 part you gotta good ass life. You really wanna be hood don't you?" he yells at her.

I just sit there listening. This reminded me of my child hood living between my parents while they fuss about money. It all seemed like it was about me.

"Major! I lost my job okay! The office shut down permanently. My parents kicked me out, me and Kila live in a rinky dinky apartment and I used all the money for food and bills. Not even enough food. So the least you can do is help us out." She yelled back.

I pulled out all the money I had in my purse which was about $400 and walked up to her and handed it to her. No hesitation at all.

"Here. This should buy you some good food and pampers for your daughter." I say looking her in the eye. She looked surprised and didn't know what to do.

"Thank you." she said taking the money. Major handed her two bundles of money. Really big stacks of money.

"Take it this is enough to last you a month. Find a job a good job too." He said to her.

"If you need I can watch your daughter I love babies." I said giving her my number. She nodded and walked out.

After she left and Major closed the door , he looked at me for a very long time. "Why you give her that money and stuff?" he asked.

" 'Cause it reminded me of my moma and daddy fight. ya know before she went crazy and he walked out on us." I say nodding my head. My childhood was some bullshit. It was too hard and too complicated to explain.

"Oh okay. What happened at school today?"

"A got into a fight. She almost killed the bitch. King came and picked us up. We left real early. That's it." I tell him laying on his chest.

"She fightin' again! Lord her and King bout to be arguin' about this shit." He said playing with my hair.

"I just hope he don't get high and they fist fight." I say looking up at the ceiling.

"Me too." He said back turning on the tv. Right at the minute Arie texted me.

~Text Message~

A: He smokin' again

Haz: Do you want me and Major to come get you?

A:Nah. I'll just take my allergy meds and go to sleep

Haz: A you ain't poppin' pills are you??

A:Nah I'm allergic to weed so I'ma just take this medicine and it puts me to sleep.

Haz:Okay. Call me if you need me. I love you

A:Ight love you too.

~End of messages~

I hope she's okay. That's my baby girl right there.