Caught

A/N: Small note here - thank you to everyone who has voted and given this over 100 reads. It may not seem like a lot, but I really appreciate it! Hopefully it can pull in some more soon. Oh, and special shout out to Robert Downey Jr himself for liking my tweet this week and acknowledging that I exist. <3 Anyway, enjoy some Pepperony fluff!

"Wow."

Yup, that was all Pepper Potts could come up with as she grabbed at the sheets at her side and tried to catch her breath. She heard a chuckle come from her side and tried to suppress her own smile as Tony turned his head toward her; his hair was a sweaty mess, but no different than a usual night in the workshop would leave it.

"Yeah? You like that?" he teased, pleased with himself.

Pepper smacked him lightly and rolled her eyes. "Your ego is showing," she purred.

"That's not all," he joked before reaching over to pull himself back to hover over the red head.

Potts felt her face flush as she met his dark eyes; he smirked down at her, care shining in them. This was the Tony she had come to know since the kidnapping; the one who told her she was all he had, and the one who danced with her and kissed her on the rooftop. The one with heart, and he was completely different than the one who the public saw and the one that she was taking trash out for only a few months prior.

"What?" he breathed, his hot, minty breath tickling her face.

"Nothing..." she whispered.

It was a lie.

Truthfully, she had a million things running through her mind as she still tried to regain her normal breathing. As much as she hated to admit it, she had always wondered what her former boss was like with women. For all the girls he cycled through, she had actually never learned too much...even his snide remarks and jokes were somewhat tame in reality. And now, here she was, lying in the glow of the aftermath; she had just slept with Tony Stark. The Tony Stark. Yes, he was everything she knew him as, but he was still that boyish playboy at heart...and she liked it. He was experienced, yet teasing, he was firm, he was generous...

"Pepper?" his raspy voice interrupted her thoughts.

She blinked through her bangs and looked over his amused expression. His eyes burned playfully into her own. Had she been thinking that long? She closed her eyes momentarily and flashed her perfect teeth at him, then moved her hands up along his arms.

"I'm great," she managed, earning another laugh from Stark.

He hummed and leaned down to kiss her neck again. "There's plenty more where that came from, sweetheart," he spoke into her skin.

Pepper felt the redness creeping back onto her face as her hands gripped him tighter. After a few light kisses, he continued.

"Once you heal a little bit more, anyway."

She sighed as she felt his lips leave her skin, the cool air taking over where they had left their trail. She avoided his eyes but ran her fingers up onto his bare chest before tracing the arc at the center slowly. He inhaled sharply as she circled it, turning his attention to watch her movements.

"You're thinking," he observed quietly.

Her lips pressed together in amusement; he was definitely picking up on her cues.

"Was it... Should I not have....?" he continued, swallowing hard when she placed her palm against the arc and left it there.

"No, no," she assured him. "That was rather...unexpected, but...spectacular," she decided on, not able to wrack her brain for a more educated word.