Chapter 1

"Emily!" I shout at the top of my lungs.

"I'm not going," she stands her ground.

"Please, it's only a jog to the store and back," I whine.

"Fine," Emily gives in and dawdles to her room.

We share an apartment in San Francisco, both of us being senior students at Hillton High (NOT A REAL SCHOOL).

We moved away from home because our late night shifts at the local fast food restaurant and gym classes were annoying our parents, so, we decided to move into a crappy little apartment a few blocks away from school.

Emily ran out in her Nike gear, head to toe. I tied my own shoes and we were out the door, jogging to the elevator.

We stretch till the doors open before heading out onto the main roads.

"My books are hurting so bad," Em huffs.

I chuckle at her statement.

"So, what are we doing for the rest of the weekend? We can't just stay in all the time, it gets boring doing the same stuff," I laugh as we start a walking pace through the carpark of the supermarket.

"Well, we could go down to the beach? Or plan a trip overseas," Emily shrugs, grabbing hold of a trolley.

Driving aisle to aisle, Emily picks out sugary foods while I replace them with a healthier choice but most of the time give in because I know how inlove we are with food.

We pay for the items and head out the doors and run down the street only to stop at a little clothing shop, drooling over the expensive dresses.

"One day, I want to be rich enough so I can buy eight of that one," Emily says seriously whilst staring at a long, elegant red dress.

It was a tight dress. Three-quarter sleeves with the back cut out and a large mermaid bottom half, flowing out 1.5 metres.

"Yeah, let's start and finish uni first," I chuckle, nudging her elbow.

We continue walking down the busy street, pointing out a hot guy or a couple we became extremely jealous of.

There was one couple in particular that caught my eye. They were laughing at eachother and fooling around, just being happy together. One thing I longed for, happiness but most of all, love.

We made our way back to our apartment building. I head to our apartment and put away the many groceries we just collected.

Emily came through the door a few minutes later.

"No mail," she shouts out.

"Okay, what do you want for dinner?" I ask before filling a glass of water and skulking it all.

"Let's have a party!" Em shouts.

"It's 1.30, people could already have plans," I say.

"No-one has plans, I already made a page about it. Quite a few people are coming," she laughs walking into the kitchen.

"Haha sure, why not," I laugh.

"I'm going out to buy some drinks, see you in a bit," Em runs out the door.

I recieive a text from my mum.

*Hey sweety, hope you're having fun but now it has to end. Your dad's job has transferred him to North Carolina, I need you to come with us to babysit your brothers because I've been offered a job aswell. So, I'll be working fulltime again! We leave in two weeks, I'm sorry this has to happen but we really need your help! You'll enjoy your last day at school, it''s your last aswell. We'll make it up to you, promise - mum x*