Chapter 2

I stare at the screen and sigh deeply. Just as things were getting better, they had to get worse again.

To get my mind off of things I start preparing things for the party. I shove fragile things in a cupboard in the bathroom and make sure the surround sound and music is working.

"I'm back," Em says.

"Hey, uh, I gotta tell you something," I turn around to face her small, fragile figure.

"What's up?" she questions me.

"Dad's job has transferred him to North Carolina and mum has been offered a job so I have to go with them to help look after the boys now that mum's working again," I take a breath.

"You have to get me a hot guy!" She jumps on top of me and gives me the biggest hug ever.

"Get off me. Are you sure you're not upset or gonna struggle? I can still pay my half of the rent?" I laugh.

"Oh, sorry, it's perfectly fine. I'll find a homie and no, you don't need to pay for anything. What are you planning on wearing for tonight?" She asks me, quickly changing the subject.

"I was just gonna grab some skinny jeans and a crop top," I feel like I shouldn't have said that. Emily was staring at me like I was dumb.

"You can't wear that. I'll help you, you need to show off that booty of yours and a pushup bra, to push up whatever is there," she starts laughing.

Yes, I'm taller with bigger thighs and longer, without a doubt, Emily's chest is bigger than mine, by miles. I'm sure that's her secret to getting all the boys, she definitely pulls.

"Thanks," I say in a monotone. "What should I wear?"

"Something sexy," Emily laughs.

We go into my room and pull out the clothes we could find. We rummage through every drawer of clothing.

-------------------------------------------------------------

After what feels like an hour, we both sort our outfits. The room is a mess, the curtains are half-pulled and the new light I replaced two days ago is now flickering on and off.

I slip on my three-quarter sleeve, black dress, ending at mid thigh with the neckline resting underneath my collarbone. Emily zips me up. I slip on some nude pumps with a thick band lying over my ankle. I walk over to my mirror and pull out my makeup from the drawer underneath. Putting on a thin layer of foundation and mascara, then, finishing it off with a light, peach lipstick. I tie my hair in a low ponytail with my bangs slowly falling out.

 Emily quickly shoves on a plain white dress. It was quite short yet it suited her perfectly. With short sleeves and a high neckline (NOT A TURTLE NECK haha), she matches it with a few simple, silver bracelets and a pair of silver, rhinestone pumps being slipping onto her feet, immediately.

I walk over to her, playing around with her hair before leaving it in it's natural curls. I did her makeup with a light brush of foundation and blush, minimal mascara and a nude lipstick.

We head around the apartment, into the kitchen to prepare some jelly shots and punch. We put them in the fridge to set and prepare for nibbles. I dont think many people will be eating, but it was Emily's idea.

I check the time and it's almost 6:45. I leave the kitchen and start playing some music.

'Shake it off' starts playing first, I moan because this song has been played on the radio too many times. I skip to the next song and start singing along to 'Steal my Girl'.