Chapter 4

I must've fallen asleep on the ride over because mum had to nudge me awake.

"Sweetheart, the plane landed a few mintes ago. Grab your bag and we'll hop off the plane," I nod silently as I open my eyes, looking at my surroundings. An air hostess was struggling to persuade and old man to politely get off the plane causing a long line of impatient families, adults and upsetting children. The smell of expensive airplane food filkled the space craving my hungery stomach more.

After what seemed like forever but was probably half an hour, we were finally able to get off the plane.

Walking through to collect our bags Jarod and Jack were playing tag the whole way while mum and dad make small talk with a tall, older looking man. I roll my eyes and proceed to collecting everyone's bags since noone is paying attention.

When I turn back around, I notice a piece of paper slips from the man's hand to mum's before Jack runs into him interuppting they're little conversation. The four make their way over to me with Jarod following behind.

"Kali, sweety, I'd like to meet my old friend Chad. He said we can meet up with him and his family once we've settled in."

"It's nice to meet you," I shake his hand and he returns with a small smile.

"You too. Any hobbies you're interested in?" I asks me, curiously.

"Well, I used to play Volleyball back in California but I really enjoy running and Science, I prefer Biology," I smile as he nods, consuming the inofrmation.

"Dislikes?"

"I don't even need to think about it, 110% maths," he laughs at me.

"Well, you're the complete opposite to my son," mum looks at him with confusion.

"You have kids?" she questions him, even dad looks confused.

"Three boys and divorced but happily has a fiance," he smiles proudly.

"Wow, congratulations. I had no idea," Dad and Chad man hug.

"Thankyou, you'll surely have to meet them sometime. One's probably the same age as Kali," I blush as I catch all the adult's eyes sink into my soul as I blush. Mum winks at me not even trying to be subtle.

I sigh and walk away as they continue more talk and Chad asks the younger boys what they like to do.

When they all finish talking Mum sneaks behind me and pulls outisde.

"Where are we going?" I grumpily ask.

"Do you wanna go to your new house or not?" she asks me and I light up immediately.

"Yes please! I didn't know you found a house?"

"It's only recent we got it but it's close to your school and the boys are 5 minutes in the car. It's perfect plus with our new jobs it means we have a spare car and guess who is able to drive?" Mum wriggles her eyebrows and I nearly scream right then and there but instead I jump up and down with silents screams.

"Thankyou so much," I embrace her in a hug.

"It's the least we could do plus it's one of the many presents you'll get for helping us out."

My parents were the type of people that would reward you with anything they'd think you'd deserve. They did this on a regular basiswith the boys and I. We'd be bribed into doing something and then rewarded with something but not as big as what I just recieved, I mean I got a frikking car, my very own car!