Chapter 5

We've been in North Carolina for 3 days.

"Jarod, stop it!" my younger brother Jack squeals.

"Stop what? I'm not doing a thing," Jarod laughs.

I walk into the lounge to find Jarod sitting on top of Jack, pinning him to the ground.

"Jarod, get off of your brother. Stop being mean," I sigh, walking into the kitchen and grabbing a small bowl of muesli.

"I liked it when you weren't here," Jarod groans. "We did whatever we wanted but with you, it's boring. You've grown up, what happened to the Kali who use to play games with us," Jack nods his head agreeing and I roll my eyes.

"Well, you're 13 Jarod, nearly 14. You'll be growing up soon before you know it," I smile and walk back into my room to finish getting ready for the day.

I put on a white tee and boyfriend jeans. Grab white converse and for the kitchen. The boys are still being boys and playfighting throughout the house when I grab my keys.

"Come on boys, we're going to school," I clap my hands and head out to my car.

"Why are we going to school? We go on Wednesday," Jarod moans.

"Yeah, school is boring," Jack's agreeing to his older brother's opinion.

"Dudes, chill. Just hop in the car. I have to pick up my timetable and then we're going out for lunch," the boys race to their seats.

"Shotgun," Jarod calls.

"You two have to be careful though, I only have my restricted," I say without them knowing.

The drive doesn't take too long, probably 2 minutes. I park in the main carpark and no-one's around so it must be a period. The boys follow me in. We walk around for quite a while till a teacher escorts  to the office.

"How can I help?" I lady with a strong British accent smils back at me.

"Hello, I'm Kali. I'm starting here on Wednesday. Is there any chance I can pick up my timetable?" I smile back and the boys are on their best behaviour, for once.

"Most certainly, I'll be right back," she gets up and leaves.

"Do I have to go here to?" Jarod asks me.

I completely forgot about him, this is his first year at highschool. What a terrible sister I am.

"Yes, we'll get your timetable too," I smile. "It'll be fun. Trust me."

He's rolls his eyes just as the lady is coming back. She hands me the paper.

"Sorry to be a pain but could we get my brother's aswell? She nods before going away again.

"Same lastname?" she shouts.

"Yes."

Jack is say hi to the many teachers walking past and Jarod is hiding his face from the world.

"Timetable for your brother. Goodluck and we will see you on Wednesday," she smiles and we thank her.

I grab Jack's hand and we head to my car. A group of guys are in a circle close to my car, shit.

"Jarod get behind me," I whisper and he does what he's told.

I manage to get both the boys in the car before one of the guys say something.

"Were you really that desperate? Two kids and how old are you? 15?" the group starts laughing and I roll me eyes before looking at them all.

"Funny thing is, they're my brothers," I get in the car and drive off, noticing one of the boys. His eyes. They're blue and as bright as the ocean, they were sparkling. I shake my head, clearing my thoughts.