Moodboards and Extras

Moodboard: Popstar

Moodboard: Popstar

On television, kings and queens
Live the lives of people's dreams
You and I are human beings
Living, breathing beings
There are rules that I'm meant to break
You could call this a great mistake
We could always play it safe
But that's no fun
We could run

We could run

Beth Ditto - "We Could Run"

Moodboard: Bernie

The "Queen" is Back in Town
A Breakfast Chat blog by Graham Nicholls

God save the king
he's not a human being
and There's no future
And England's dreaming

At one time, the lyrics of Sid Vicious were considered controversial—so controversial the BBC refused to allow God Save the King on their airwaves. Now, it seems the Sex Pistols were on to something.

Her Royal Highness Princess Bernadette of Wales—or Princess Bernie as she's more widely referred by—is back on English soil after a six year sabbatical. That's right, it's been six years since the princess snuck off to Holyrood Palace with her merry band of misfits and completely defaced and disrespected the historic—and taxpayer supported—castle all in the name of a teenage rager.

Of course, Holyrood Palace wasn't the only royal landmark to fall victim to the princess and it certainly wasn't the only scandal she found herself embroiled in. Princess Bernie has always been a boisterous and outspoken bird for as long as she's been in the public eye. (Surely everyone remembers when, at the ripe age of 8 and at the height of her chunky monkey phase, Princess Bernie spun around and shouted that a reporter was a 'plonky twat' when asked if she had learnt to enjoy her vegetables yet). But as the years have gone by and the return of the princess to England seemed more like clucking hen gossip, the 'A' word started to circulate amongst the British public. Abdicate.

King James is no spring chicken, and as we approach the 11th anniversary of his son, Prince Peter's death, it's only right to wonder who will occupy that cushy, velvet seat in a few years' time. Surely it's time to admit to ourselves that the sound of Queen Louise had a beautiful ring to it. Princess Bernie's younger sister has always had that je ne sais quoi that the heir has seemingly lacked since childhood. Where Bernie falters, Lou is poised.