Ch. 46: Being Playful

Taekwoon

~ two hours later~

  Hakyeon began to stir in my arms as I stroke circles on his palm with my index finger. "Good morning, sleepyhead," I said in a low voice.

Suddenly more alert, Hakyeon sits up straight and looks at me. "Morning," he says while trying to make his hair neater. "Are you okay? You did not get hurt? Why didn't you send me a message," he says rapidly afterwards while looking to see if I had any wounds. I grabbed his hands and set them down before smiling at him slightly.

"Couldn't. We were chasing down leads after we lost the suspect. There are a few more potential leads but we are waiting on a response from the informant," I replied and put my hand on top of his to give it a reassuring squeeze.

"..."

"People say that no news is good so..."

"Nonsense. You are not 'people.'"

"If not people, then who or what am I," I asked.

"...mine," he says while tilting his head to the side cutely. He blushes madly immediately afterwards and swatted at the air as if that would distract me from looking at his flushed cheeks.

"Always," I replied before placing a kiss on his hand.

He clears his throat and looks at me shyly before changing the subject. "So what have you gather so far?"

"Well, what he looks like, what his name is, and that he is the one we are looking for is about all that we really know. Why he is doing this to us or his current location is still a mystery. I am having Wonshik look through the Shade but I haven't heard back from him yet," I rattled off.

*a stomach growling*

Hakyeon hides his face with his sleeve and laughs awkwardly. 

"Mmm, it seems that my Queen is hungry," I said after chuckling.

"How embarrassing in the middle of a serious conversation," he says from behind his sleeve. To embarrass him some more and to keep his mind off of the person in question, I picked him up and brought him over to the table.

"Yah!!! Put me down," he shrieks before sending me a glare with no real heat behind them.

"Hahaha, of course," I said while setting him down on a chair. He punches my arm lightly in response. I pretended that it hurt me a lot to which Hakyeon rolls his eyes at me. 

J....

"Don't feel so at peace just yet. There is a storm coming...," I said while looking at the couple through one of my dolls.