Ch.8: Enchantment (Part 3)

A/N: Starting from this chapter.... if you see italicized words in parentheses, they are just stage directions kind of or actions that I cannot describe in full or what I want you guys to imagine. 

Taekwoon

~Three minutes until the festivities begin~

        Looking out into the crowd that had gathered,  I can see that the throne room never has been so full. I can only hope that less would attend later on but that probably will be impossible as the King himself invited them to attend and the Queen is going to perform.  I sighed deeply and crossed my arms. The room buzzed with noise as everyone was settling in. Servants  came in like a swarm and placed dishes and cherry blossom rice wine on each of the nobles tables. On my left, Minhyuk- Jusang sat regally on his throne chair, but the Queen had yet to sit down on his seat next to the king. "Attention, my people. It seems that another year is coming close to an end. To celebrate and hope only the best for what is to come, let us begin the festivities," Minhyuk-Jusang announced.

"Yes, Your Majesty" said everyone before him.

    All of a sudden, the lights went out and then  blue green flames lit the torches around the room. In the center of the room, the king's harem were on stage dressed in various shades of blue, purple, red, and yellow. The Queen's outfit was the only one to stand out as it had white and gold as the main colors. Seconds later, music began to fill the air and each of the Highnesses started to dance. 

(Imagine the dance for Shangri-la but mixed with tradition Korean dance and modern dance.)

The stage slowly started to fill up with just enough water to barely go passed the Highnesses' toes. With each leg movement, water was splashed around a bit, but  it never got onto their clothing as to why I cannot be too sure.  As the dance progressed, heavenly flame butterflies flowed out from their silk selves, flew around them, merged into one, and flew up to the king, The king chuckled, held a finger out, and it landed on his finger before disappearing. I scanned the crowd again to see if anything was suspicious, but  I only saw my soldiers keeping watch and the crowd in awe of what grace was being showcased. Looking at center stage, the Queen caught my attention. As if he sensed that I focused on him, he looked at me from under his eyelashes that was framed by red eyeliner, and smiled slightly. Out of suprise, I quickly ducked my head down. 

"Is something wrong, Taekwoonie" asked  Minhyuk-Jusang while keeping his eyes trained on what was going on ahead of him.

"Umm, I am fine. No need to worry about me," I said hastily.  He eyed me from the corner of his right eye for a bit before turning his attention back to his husbands. As the music started to pick up, I look back to center stage only to have my eyes caught by the Queen himself who was thrown into the air. The crowd audibly gasped and shifted in their seats to see what was to come next. Hakyeon-Wangbi channeled the water on the stage to form a pillar which slowly brought him back on stage and covered the stage yet again. Seconds later, the water on stage to float above everyone's heads, and froze. As the highnesses jumped and did a spinning kick in midair,  twin flames appeared, twisted into a helix formation, and melted the ice. Suddenly, a burst of light lit up the room and when it hit the water in the air, vibrant colors bathed the room for a brief moment. At the end of the dance, they reached up to the ceiling with one hand, spin on their heels, and plie. In midst of all this, Hakyeon-Wangbi smirked in my direction. My eyes widened at this sight and my mouth felt as dry as the Nevermore desert. Shit...

A/N: Minhyuk is older than Hakyeon by a year in this fanfic.