Ch. 59: In Between

Taekwoon

~present day~

Everything is dark and it is nearly silent. My body felt like there was some kind of force pinning me to the surface that I laid on. In the distance, I can hear someone calling to me, but I could not remember whose voice it was. The voice was filled with longing and sadness.

At this realization, I was a bit puzzled. Who could it be?

"Taekwoon-ah, can you hear me," asks the voice.

"If you can hear me, come back to me. The world isn't the same without you," the voice continues to say. In the next second, I could feel a hand caressing my face, but I couldn't see it in the darkness.

*beep*

"If you come back, I promise that I will be good to you."

Why?

*beep*

"Ugh, tears keep escaping my eyes," the voice says after sniffing.

Are those tears dropping because of me?

*beep*

"Stop making me worry about you, my love. My Leo. My Taekwoon," the voice said in a sorrowful voice. It made me what to comfort the person who was speaking to me from the darkness.

*beep*

"Where are you? What is keeping you from opening your eyes and from me?"

At this, I tried to break free from the hold that kept me on the hard surface, but only managed to free my upper body.

*beep*

"...yeobo," the voice whines and then I felt hands clutching onto my left arm.

Yeobo?

*beep*

*sighing*

"Maybe,  you will wake up when I come back tomorrow..."

Wait! Don't go.

*beep beep beep*

"Taekwoon?"

*beep beep beep beep*

The voice shouts my name clearly in distress. He calls out for someone to come. Then, suddenly, a white light shone into the darkness that blinded me. Soon after, I closed my eyes to protect them and when I opened them again, color started to fill in my vision.

I'm free.

I tried to get up but was pushed back onto my bed. I looked at the person who pushed me. His eyes were red. His dark hair was in disorder. His clothes were wrinkly. However, despite the state that he was in, beauty radiated from him.

"I..." I started to say in a voice that did not sound like mine. The man in front of me quickly gives me some water to drink from a glass cup.

"Taekwoon, you jerk. How dare you make me worry about you," he says after putting the cup down and rubbed at his eyes.

Subconsciously, I lick my chapped lips and wondered what I should say. I wasn't sure who this person was, but I felt much love for him as  I continued to gaze at the beautiful man.

Before I could say anything, a door opens and in walked three men in strange white coats. They walked over to wear I was and started rattling off words that I didn't really understand. One of them begin to poke at a strange glowing square. Another was looking at a box with green drawings on it that also was making weird noises. The last one was accessing me and flashed a light into my eyes from a metal tube.

I looked away trying to stop the glaring light from entering my eyes. Then, the one who was poking at the glowing square looks at me, smiles, and says, "Welcome back to the world of the living, Jung Taekwoon."

                                                                                        The End

                                                         --------------------------------------------------

                                                                              Closing Statement

To my readers,

Thank so much to all of the Starlights who read my first Kpop fan fiction to the end. I   sincerely appreciate it. It was a lot of fun writing this and seeing that people like what I write. Until next time then, Starlights.

                                                                                                                 Sincerely Yours,

                                                                                                                     AsSoftAsYoongi

P.S.: 

1)  Want to know what happens after this chapter? Go to my profile and look for the sequel to 'The Lion's Queen.' It is called 'Forever My Queen.'

2) I also am writing a mature Neo fan fic called 'Love The Way You Are.' For details, please read the notice before the fan fiction actually begins.